WELCOME TO BALDWIN COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM (BCBOE)
Certain forms and documentation are required to be on file in the Human Resources Office for each employee. A new employee may complete these forms prior to the Board's approval of their employment. However, each employee should be aware that until the Board's approval, their employment status is not final; should the Board NOT approve employment, the individual will be considered a substitute and compensated accordingly.
- A photocopy of your original social security card issued by the Social Security Administration. THIS MUST BE ON FILE BEFORE YOU CAN BE PLACED ON PAYROLL.
- A photocopy of your current driver's license or other valid photo ID.
- Official transcripts documenting conferral of all degrees from regionally accredited colleges and universities. Teachers should send written notification to Human Resources if you have a degree higher than that shown on your teaching certificate.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification: Complete Section I including your name, address, date of birth, social security #, citizenship information, signature and date.
- Tuberculosis Statement: No test is required. Complete form including your signature, date, printed name and SS number.
- Acknowledgement of Receipt - Drug-Free Workplace Regulations: Complete and return signature portion. Retain the remainder of this form for your records.
- Administrative Workstation Policy: Complete bottom portion including your printed name, signature, date and school/office/division.
- BCBE Acceptable Use and Internet Safety Policy Acknowledgement: Retain Acceptable Use and Internet Safety Policy (pgs 1-7) for your records. Complete form including your printed name, signature, date and school/office/division name.
- Form HR-HQT1-10, Non-Highly Qualified Teacher Action Plan: Required only for teachers in NCLB qualifying assignments who have NOT achieved Alabama HQT status. Complete all sections.
- Authorization for Automatic Payroll Deposits: Complete all sections and return with a voided check.
- TRS Form 100, Enrollment Form, Member Information Record: Complete all applicable information on the front and enter your beneficiary information on the reverse. Make sure the form is notarized before you submit it to Human Resources. Retirement is withheld at a rate of 5% of your gross wages and is sheltered from federal taxes. Interim employees (those who will not complete the school year) are ineligible for retirement membership unless they have a current account with the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
- Authorization for Sick Leave Bank Participation: Retain Employee Sick Leave Bank Guidelines (pgs 1-3) for your records. Complete form including employee number, name, social security #, workplace, CHOOSE ONE OPTION, sign and date. At least one box must be checked.
- Form W-4 Federal Income Tax Withholding Form: Only the bottom section on the front of the form is required: section 1 (your name and address), section 2 (your social security number), section 3 (check one box only), section 5, section 6, your signature and date.
- Form A-4 State Income Tax Withholding Form: Complete the top of the form; complete either line 1 or line 2 (NOT BOTH), line 3, line 4, the date and your signature.
- IF APPLICABLE, PR-3-06 New Employee First Year Pay Option: Applicable for new personnel employed at the beginning of the 182-, 185-, 187-, 192- or 197-day work calendar. Complete all sections of this form, sign and date.
All of the above forms and documentation should be submitted to the Human Resources Department -
By courier to: Human Resources OR By mail to: Baldwin County Board of Education
Human Resources Department
2600 N Hand Ave
Bay Minette, AL 36507
- Background Check: All employees who have not had a background check performed through the State Department of Education with both the ABI and FBI must meet this requirement. ALL EMPLOYEES MUST BE FINGERPRINTED PRIOR TO ASSUMING JOB RESPONSIBILITIES. Potential employees who have not already been fingerprinted should schedule an appointment at www.cogentid.com/AL. If you were fingerprinted for employment with an Alabama K-12 educational agency other than the Baldwin County Public Schools, forward a copy of your Alabama State Department of Education suitability letter or other documentation of background clearance.
- Public Education Employees Health Insurance Program (PEEHIP): The PEEHIP office will mail packets containing PEEHIP insurance information to your home. Follow all instructions included in the packet to enroll online for health/supplement insurance.