Mrs. Chesley Bowling (7th Grade Counselor) and Mrs. Kathryn Doyle (8th Grade Counselor)
Red Ribbon Week- Team Day! "Team Up Against Drugs Day"
Red Ribbon Week- Twin Day!"Multiply Your Efforts Against Drugs Day"
My name is Kathryn Doyle, and I am the 8th Grade
School Counselor for Fairhope Middle School. Mrs. Chesley Bowling is the 7th
Grade Counselor. She and I are very excited about the opportunity to work
together with the students, faculty, staff, and Administration of such a great
school. We are both looking forward to getting to know you and your students
during this upcoming 2016/2017 school year.
Regarding my background, I have been employed by the
Baldwin County Board of Education since March of 2005 as both an
Elementary and Middle School Counselor. My education includes a master's degree
in Clinical Psychology from the University of South Alabama. I have been
licensed with the state of Alabama as a Professional Counselor since March of
Mrs. Bowling has over 30 years of experience in the
field of education including teaching, administration, and serving as both an
Elementary and Middle School Counselor. We both love what we do, and are committed
to helping your student be successful.
At Fairhope Middle School, Mrs. Bowling and I are
1. Providing direct counseling services to students
individually, in small group, or large group instruction as needed
2. Providing education and support services to
3. Providing consultation services to teachers
4. Facilitating referrals to community support
5. Advising students on academic planning and career
guidance including helping students understand ACT Aspire score results
6. Working with Fairhope High School to inform
students of the academic requirements for high school, including assisting students with registration and development of the state mandated high school 4 year plan (Mrs. Doyle)
7. Acting as Building Test Coordinator (Mrs. Doyle)
8. Conducting Attendance Early Warning Conferences As Needed (Mrs. Bowling)
9. Serving on the RTI (Response to Instruction) Team
10. Serving on the School Improvement Team- ACIPS (Mrs. Doyle)
11. Serving as Homebound/Section 504 Coordinators
12. Conducting annual required teacher training (Mrs. Doyle)
13. Monitoring online Bullying Reporting Program
14. Coordinating the Peer Helper Program
15. Serving as Builders Club Sponsor (Mrs. Doyle)
16. School Website Manager (Mrs. Doyle)
17. USATestprep Administrator and ACPS (Kuder) Administrator (Mrs. Doyle)
18. Assistance with Scantron testing (Mrs. Bowling)
Should you wish for Mrs. Bowling or me
to speak with your student, please do not hesitate to either call or email us. Please be aware that there may be a time when Mrs. Bowling or I may talk
with your student due to a self-referral, student referral, teacher/staff
referral, agency referral, or Administrative referral.
Mrs. Bowling and I are immediately available to meet
with any student in crisis. However, every attempt is made by us not to
interrupt academic classes (Math, Science, English, and Social Studies)
whenever possible for non-emergency situations. We have an open door policy for
students, and also maintain a sign in sheet for students requesting to speak
with a Counselor. The FMS Counseling Office is a Safe Space where ALL students are welcome.
As School Counselors, Mrs. Bowling and I maintain a brief list of local private counseling services for referral purposes for parents interested in private counseling for their student. Click Here for the list. This referral list is not a recommendation for any provider of private counseling services.
Also, AltaPointe provides an on site counselor who comes to FMS weekly to see students. This school based service is provided via a referral from Mrs. Bowling or me to AltaPointe. An AltaPointe counselor can only see students at FMS who have these insurances: PEEHIP, Medicaid, or ALL Kids. Parents interested in AltaPointe school based counseling are welcome to contact Mrs. Bowling or myself for more information.
Please check out the school website at least weekly
because we will announce/post Counseling and Guidance activities for both 7th and 8th
grades as well as information about important upcoming events such as the 8th
grade Career Expo field trip in September, and the high school registration parent meeting in February/March.
Middle School's Counseling and Guidance Programs
1. You Are Unique Program for 7th Grade and Socially Unacceptable for 8th Grade Abstinence Programs
2. Middle School Level Safe Dates/Relationships
Program through the Lighthouse
3. Effective 2016/2017, use of the online Alabama Career Planning System (ACPS) for 7th and 8th grades. 8th Grade students will develop their high school 4 year plan via ACPS (Kuder).
4. Activities/Programs in recognition of Suicide
Prevention Week, Red Ribbon Week, Bullying Prevention Week, Youth Violence
Prevention Week, and Alcohol Awareness/Prevention of Underage Drinking (Month
of April) for 7th and 8th Grade and other programs as needed
5. ACT Aspire results education for students and facilitating test prep activities
6. Peer Tutoring Program
7. Certified Peer Helper Program
Mrs. Kathryn Doyle, LPC
8th Grade School Counselor
Peer Helper Program
Mrs. Chesley Bowling
7th Grade School Counselor
Peer Helper Program Sponsor