After School: About the Department
Baldwin County Public Schools offers After-School Childcare at elementary and some intermediate schools in the county. After School Childcare Programs serve students beginning in Pre-K at elementary schools. All students must attend the After-School Childcare Program on the campus of their day school. Busing students is not an option.
All Registration and payments for the Afterschool Program should be made online via the Parent Portal. Cash is not accepted. The site Manager or designee can assist you at the site if needed. Payments are due one week in advance of attendance.
Students may participate in the After School Childcare Program on a full-time basis only. The non-refundable Registration fee is $20.00. Fees are charged based on Registration and are not influenced by attendance. Pre-payment for services is required. The discounted rate for Baldwin County Public School Employees is $20.00 per week per child.
The program operates from 3-5:30 p.m. (or 3 – 5:45 p.m. at select sites) and follows the school calendar. Parents must complete online registration, and pay the $20 non-refundable registration fee, and the fee for the first week, no fewer than two (2) days prior to the first day of attendance in the program. Payments are made online. Payments not made by Sunday at midnight are subject to late fees. Questions may be directed to the After School Childcare Department, 251-580-0678.
- Students must be currently attending the brick-and-mortar school at the location being served.
- Registration is through the bcbe.org website. Under Directory then Afterschool Child Care/Registration.
2022-23 After School Registration Information
2022-23 After School Program Registration: June 15th at noon. Waitlist opens August 17th at 8:00 a.m.
*Attention: Space is limited for all programs. Once a site fills up, it will no longer accept registrations. The following items are needed to complete the registration process:
- Non- Refundable $20.00 registration fee
- Completed On-line Registration
- Emergency contact person(s) other than parents
- When registering make sure to register all children (if there are more than one) at the same time before submitting your application. Once you submit an application, you will not be able to submit another under the same program until the first one has been approved or rejected.
- Once you register through the EZ Childtrack Program, the ASCC Office must enroll your child into the program. Once that has been completed, you will receive email confirmation of registration and access to your account. Fees are charged based on registration and are NOT influenced by attendance.
2022-2023 Registration will remain open, unless full, until July 31st at midnight. Wait List for the 2022-2023 School Year will open August 17th at 8:00 AM, one week after school begins (our policy for several years).
To register please click here to be directed to the registration form.
Location of BCBE After School
After School offices have moved to the former Bay Minette Intermediate office building (the only building left of BMIS school buildings). The address: 600 Blackburn Avenue, Bay Minette, AL 36507; Phone: 251-580-0678; Fax: 251-580-2969.