Baldwin County Public Schools offers After School Childcare at elementary, intermediate and some middle & high schools in the county. After School Childcare Programs serve students beginning at age 5 at elementary schools; Middle and High school students may attend at their school campus, if the program is available. All students must attend the After School Childcare Program on the campus of their day school. Busing of students is not an option.
All Registration and payments for the Afterschool Program should be made online. Access our direct link on the BCBE website (bcbe.org); look under Departments; then After School Childcare/ Registration and Payments. Cash is not accepted. Site Manager or designee can assist you at the site, if needed. Payments are due one week in advance of attendance.
Students may participate in the After School Childcare Program on a full-time basis. Non-Refundable Registration fee is $20.00; $35 weekly rate. Grant site rates are less depending on the approved grant. Fees are charged based on Registration and are not influenced by attendance. Pre-payment for services is required. The discounted rate for Baldwin County Public School Employees is $25.00 per week per child.
The program operates from 3-5:30 p.m. (or 3 – 6:00 p.m. at select sites) and follows the school calendar. Parents must complete online registration, pay the $20 non-refundable registration fee, and the first week fee - no fewer than two (2) days prior to the first day of attendance in the program. Payments are made online. Payments not made by Sunday at midnight are subject to late fee.
Questions may be directed to the After School Childcare Department, 251-580-0678.
2020/2021 Afterschool Program Registration Opens: Monday June 1st at 9am
*Attention: Space is limited for all programs. Once a site fills up, it will no longer accept Registration. Wait List registration will begin August 19th, 2020.
The following items are needed to complete the registration process:
- Non- Refundable registration fee
- Completed On-line Registration
- Emergency contact person(s) other than parents
- When registering make sure to register all children (if there are more than one) at the same time before submitting your application. Once you submit an application, you will not be able to submit another under the same program until the first one has been approved or rejected.
- Once you register through the EZ Childtrack Program, the ASCC Office must enroll your child into the program. Once that has been completed, you will receive email confirmation of registration and access to your account. Fees are charged based on Registration and are NOT influenced by attendance