After School: About the Department
Baldwin County Public Schools offers After School Childcare at elementary and some intermediate schools in the county. After School Childcare Programs serve students beginning at age 5 at elementary schools. All students must attend the After School Childcare Program on the campus of their day school. Busing of students is not an option.
All Registration and payments for the Afterschool Program should be made online. Access our direct link on the BCBE website (bcbe.org); look under Departments; then After School Childcare/ Registration and Payments. Cash is not accepted. Site Manager or designee can assist you at the site, if needed. Payments are due one week in advance of attendance.
Students may participate in the After School Childcare Program on a full-time basis. Non-Refundable Registration fee is $20.00. Fees are charged based on Registration and are not influenced by attendance. Pre-payment for services is required. The discounted rate for Baldwin County Public School Employees is $20.00 per week per child.
The program operates from 3-5:30 p.m. (or 3 – 5:45 p.m. at select sites) and follows the school calendar. Parents must complete online registration, pay the $20 non-refundable registration fee, and the first week fee - no fewer than two (2) days prior to the first day of attendance in the program. Payments are made online. Payments not made by Sunday at midnight are subject to late fee. Questions may be directed to the After School Childcare Department, 251-580-0678.
- Students must be currently attending the brick and mortar school at the location being served.
- Pre K must be 5 years old to attend.
- Registration is through the bcbe.org website. Under Directory then Afterschool Child Care/Summer Registration
- Programs in operation on Fridays will close July 2, in observance of July 4th holiday which falls on Sunday.
2021-22 After School Registration Information
2021-22 After School Program Registration: Opens Monday, April 12, 2021 at 3pm
*Attention: Space is limited for all programs. Once a site fills up, it will no longer accept Registration. The following items are needed to complete the registration process:
- Non- Refundable registration fee
- Completed On-line Registration
- Emergency contact person(s) other than parents
- When registering make sure to register all children (if there are more than one) at the same time before submitting your application. Once you submit an application, you will not be able to submit another under the same program until the first one has been approved or rejected.
- Once you register through the EZ Childtrack Program, the ASCC Office must enroll your child into the program. Once that has been completed, you will receive email confirmation of registration and access to your account. Fees are charged based on Registration and are NOT influenced by attendance.
2021-2022 Registration will remain open unless full until August 4 at midnight. Wait List for 2021-2022 School Year will open August 18 at noon, one week after school begins (our policy for several years).
To register please click here to be directed to the registration form.
Location of BCBE After School
After School offices have moved to the former Bay Minette Intermediate office building (the only building left of BMIS school buildings). The address: 600 Blackburn Avenue, Bay Minette, AL 36507; Phone: 251-580-0678; Fax: 251-580-2969.