Baldwin County Virtual School Special Event Dress & Behavior Guidelines
ATTIRE & DATES
- Females should dress in either semi-formal/formal wear or Sunday dress, according to the event.
- Strapless and spaghetti straps are permitted.
- Pantsuits and dress slacks are acceptable.
- Dresses must not be low cut in front or extremely low cut in back (back must not fall below the waist).
- Hemlines must not be higher than mid-thigh.
- Slits in dresses must not be higher than mid-thigh.
- Skirts/dresses with multiple layers must have a solid layer that is no higher than mid-thigh.
- Extremely tight clothing and dresses/skirts that ride up to an inappropriate length when walking or dancing are not acceptable.
- See-through attire, revealing cutouts, and exposed midriffs are not acceptable.
- Males should dress in either semi-formal/formal wear or Sunday dress, according to the event: slacks, dress shirt, nice shoes, tuxedo.
- Jackets & ties are encouraged but not required
Guests who do not attend BCVS at the time of the event (including alumni) must be approved via a completed Outside Date Form submitted by the announced deadline.
Guests who DO attend BCVS but are not in the 11thor 12thgrade (9thor 10thgrade students) must be approved via a completed Outside Date Form submitted by the announced deadline.
Guests not enrolled in BCVS at the time of the event must present a valid form of photo ID at the door and/or upon request.
Guests over 20 years of age or attending middle school will not be approved.
If a student brings an “outside date,” it is the responsibility of the BCVS student to inform his/her date that all guidelines apply to the date as well.
Styles of dancing that the administration determines to be inappropriate for a school event will not be permitted. This includes dancing in a manner that strongly suggests sexual activity.
Public displays of affection are not acceptable. This includes kissing or other displays of intimacy inappropriate for a school event.
Students suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other illegal substance, as well as students in possession of substances/items not allowed on school property, will be subject to the consequences outlined below.
Students will not be permitted into the event or will be escorted out of the event for inappropriate behavior and/or attire. In addition, more serious offenses may result in parent notification, law enforcement contact, and/or disciplinary action upon return to school. No money will be refunded.
A NOTE TO PARENTS:
As parents, we know that you entrust us to provide the best environment for your child not only during the day but at evening activities as well. Monitoring activities such as dance, attire, and behavior are necessary in order for us to fulfill that duty and teach our students behavior for the professional environments in their futures. We will notify you by phone if your student is denied admittance or is asked to leave the event for any of the reasons discussed herein.