The Fairhope Middle School Counselors arrange for the Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center to provide an internet safety program for middle school students called "NetSmartz." Below is a brief overview of the presentation.
Internet Safety Teens
- Grades 7 & 8
- The five main risks discussed in this presentation:
- Inappropriate Content: Things you may not want teens seeing or posting online including pornography, excessive violence, and hate speech.
- Online Privacy: The protection of teen’s personal information such as passwords and phone numbers.
- Sexting: The use of cell phones to send sexual messages, pictures and videos.
- Online Sexual Solicitations: Unwanted requests to engage in sexual activities or talk, or any sexual request by an adult.
- Cyberbullying: The use of Internet technology or mobile technology, such as cell phones, to bully someone.