Baldwin County Information: If you are in neeed of Baldwin County Goverment Agency information please see this link:
Community Food Sources:
Many businesses throughout the community will be offering meals for students. Below is a list of businesses that are assisting families:
- Honey Baked Ham Fairhope- 251-928-7262 & Foley- 251-923-4361 If school closures have you concerned about not being able to have lunch for your school age kids please come in and grab a kids boxed lunch on any Wednesday during these school closures.
- Chicken Salad Chick Chicken Salad Chick is offering lunch on Monday's! The student must be present.
- It’s All Greek To Me in Fairhope, has said they will be offering free food for children and young teens, up to 15-years-old, between 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. starting Friday, and then from Monday through Friday the following weeks.
- Prodisee Pantry-Prodisee Pantry preps 80,000 lbs of food for Tues March 31st Mass Emergency Food Distribution When: Friday (Today) Noon till 3 pm; Where: Prodisee Pantry, 9315 Spanish Fort Blvd, Spanish Fort, AL; What: Volunteers, using Social Distancing, packing family food units., Contact: Deann Servos, Executive Director 251-626-1720 office, 251-610-1174 cell, firstname.lastname@example.org Prodisee Pantry understands HUNGER and we are here for EVERY BALDWIN COUNTY FAMILY who is struggling to put food on their table. We will have our second mass emergency food distribution on Tuesday, March 31st from 9 am to Noon. We ask that each family bring proof that they live in BALDWIN COUNTY, a picture id and their patience as we provide basic canned food items and hope during this difficult time. If you have stocked up, and have food in your pantry and in your refrigerator, we ask that you stay home and for social media posts for future distribution dates and times. Prodisee Pantry is prepared. Volunteers have been unloading truckloads full of food, nearly 80,000 pounds. We’ve been blessed with some awesome donations including; sweet potatoes from Edmondson Farm, fruits and assorted produce from Coastal Foods and more will be arriving in time for Tuesdays distribution. The most efficient way you can help fill the plates of your neighbors in need, is by giving online at www.prodiseepantry.org. This will help us restock and continue our food distributions. Because... it's about hunger at Prodisee Pantry.
- Magnolia Blossom Cafe (Robertsdale) On Thursday between the hours of 10:30 and 11:30 we will have 50 bag lunches available for any school age child that is in need of lunch due to schools being closed.
- Culver's (Foley) Genesis Church is partnering with Culver's in Foley STARTING WEDNESDAY, to provide 100 FREE KIDS MEALS for struggling parents. Just go through the drive thru and say you want to take advantage of "For Baldwin" and pick up a kids meal on us. Location: Culver's Foley 3241 S McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535
- Swift Presbyterian Church in Foley will have a food pantry open on March 25 from 10-noon.
- The Mayor, City of Robertsdale, and local churches have been working with the schools in Robertsdale over the last couple of days to develop a plan to help our families who may be in need of food assistance over the next several weeks while school is out. If you are one of these families, the Robertsdale Senior Citizen Center will be set up to assist. Please call 947-8973 and ask to speak to Amy or Mary to let them know you need some support. The only thing that is asked is that you call 24 hours prior to when you plan to pick up the food so that they have time to prepare and make sure food items are on hand. The center will be open for this service starting this Monday, March 23rd and will be open Monday-Friday from 8-4. We appreciate everyone’s efforts in making sure our students and families have support as needed during this time!
- Sauced: Starting March,17th, in conjunction with the closing of the county schools, Sauced will offer all children 12 years and under free lunch including pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken fingers, and slices of our gourmet pizza between the hours of 11am and 2pm, Monday thru Friday. The free lunch for kids will be limited to two children per one adult. We ask that the adults purchase a menu item off of our regular or lunch special menu which you can find at gotsauced.com.
- City Hope Church will be providing grocery bags with 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, and 2 snack items on Tuesdays from 9am-12pm at the following locations:
City Hope Church - Bay Minette Campus 17 Hand Ave, Bay Minette, AL 36507City Hope Church - Foley Campus 21270 Miflin Rd, Foley, AL 36535We will have 200 bags of food at each location with volunteers taking all necessary precautions to limit contact with people. You will be directed on where to go upon pulling in the parking lot, and will never have to get out of your vehicle.
Edible Arrangements (6890 US Highway 90 Suite 10, Daphne, AL)***UPDATE: Fruit variety will vary, as we are regrouping and trying to have enough to offer something for everyone who is reaching out to us. We have put together fruit baskets for people in our community who are in need. Each box has cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, (some have grapes), and some type of treat, such as gourmet popcorn or a gourmet chocolate caramel apple. Although our store is closed until April 1st, we will happily arrange a time for you to pick up your box. Please, please do not be embarrassed to ask for a box if you need the fresh produce. We are happy to help you, no questions asked. Please PM us if you'd like a box. Unfortunately once they're gone we will not be able to replenish them.
Fairhope Youth Rotary will serve as a site to distribute Feeding the Gulf Coast meals to students. This is a drive thru service only for children under 18. Meals will start on March 19, 11am-1pm while students are out of school.
Sugar Kettle Cafe would like to support our community by offering FREE HOT LUNCHES FOR KIDS on Tuesday’s for our families in need. Students (K-6) must be present. Limit 100 meals. Available 11-1. For more information on Sugar Kettle
Student lunches available at Jubilee Baptist Church at 11:00 TODAY, March 23! 9264 Pleasant Road Daphne, AL
Disinfection and Santization
While we have great confidence in our country's ability to successfully deal with the coronavirus, student safety is our top priority which is why we are taking extra precautions to prevent the spread or contamination within our school facilities. This includes employee education, hand sanitizing as well as higher frequency and deeper sanitation in all of our educational environments. Please see the attached information for more details on our initiatives. Please encourage these practices not only at school but at home. Baldwin County Board of Education will continue to monitor the CDC (CDC.gov) and ADPH advisories and follow all government directives. Please report any suspected symptoms or concerns to your local school principal.
COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
The Baldwin County Public School System continues to monitor updates on COVID-19 based upon current guidance from the Center for Disease Control and remains in contact with Alabama Public Health Department officials.
Based on the CDC website under “travel guidelines”, presently there are no travel restrictions for locations within the United States. BCPSS will continue to monitor student field trips and make decisions on a case-by-case basis based on current information available.
BCPSS understands some parents or guardians may have concerns regarding their child’s participation in field trips. Student participation in instructional or student activity field trips is always optional at the discretion of the parent or guardian.
If a student does not participate in an instructional program field trip during the school day, the school will provide an appropriate educational alternative.
To learn more about handwashing please click this link to the CDC (Centers For Disease Control) recomendations or visit the Baldwin County Health Services Department for more information at this link.
COVID-19 UPDATE: A parental guide for parents and students