Baldwin County Information:
If you are in need of Baldwin County Goverment Agency information please see this link:
Community Food Sources:
Many businesses throughout the community will be offering meals for students. Below is a list of businesses that are assisting families:
- Honey Baked Ham Fairhope- 251-928-7262 & Foley- 251-923-4361 If school closures have you concerned about not being able to have lunch for your school age kids please come in and grab a kids boxed lunch on any Wednesday during these school closures. https://www.honeybaked.com
- Honey Baked Ham (Foley)- providing kids boxed lunch on any Wednesday during school closures
- Chicken Salad Chick Chicken Salad Chick is offering lunch on Monday's! The student must be present.
- Prodisee Pantry- Prodisee Pantry: Prodisee Pantry holding Tues April 21st - 5th Mass Emergency Food Distribution, Tues, April 21st 9 am to Noon; Spanish Fort High School carline/staging area THEN Prodisee Pantry, 9315 Spanish Fort Blvd, Spanish Fort, AL. It's about HUNGER at Prodisee Pantry. Any Baldwin County family needing food assistance MUST go to Spanish Fort High School to enter our car line and sign-in. Our fifth Mass Emergency Food Distribution is tomorrow, Tuesday, April 21 from 9 am to Noon. As families experience week after week with no paycheck, we understand the stress of worrying about the most basic of human needs: FOOD and HOPE! If you would like to help provide food for your neighbors in need, the most cost effective and efficient way is to donate online at: www.prodiseepantry.org/donate This will help us pay for the truckloads of food we are purchasing to prepare for the next Mass Emergency Food Distribution. And, we thank you for your prayers.
- City Hope (Bay Minette) – Free lunches to students on Tuesdays 9-12 at Bay Minette Campus (Next to NBU)
- Culver's (Foley) Genesis Church is partnering with Culver's in Foley STARTING WEDNESDAY, to provide 100 FREE KIDS MEALS for struggling parents. Just go through the drive thru and say you want to take advantage of "For Baldwin" and pick up a kids meal on us. Location: Culver's Foley 3241 S McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535
- The Mayor, City of Robertsdale, and local churches have been working with the schools in Robertsdale over the last couple of days to develop a plan to help our families who may be in need of food assistance over the next several weeks while school is out. If you are one of these families, the Robertsdale Senior Citizen Center will be set up to assist. Please call 947-8973 and ask to speak to Amy or Mary to let them know you need some support. The only thing that is asked is that you call 24 hours prior to when you plan to pick up the food so that they have time to prepare and make sure food items are on hand. The center will be open for this service starting this Monday, March 23rd and will be open Monday-Friday from 8-4. We appreciate everyone’s efforts in making sure our students and families have support as needed during this time!
- Sauced: Starting March,17th, in conjunction with the closing of the county schools, Sauced will offer all children 12 years and under free lunch including pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken fingers, and slices of our gourmet pizza between the hours of 11am and 2pm, Monday thru Friday. The free lunch for kids will be limited to two children per one adult. We ask that the adults purchase a menu item off of our regular or lunch special menu which you can find at gotsauced.com.
- City Hope Church City Hope Church in Foley along with Feed the Gulf Coast is hosting a drive through pick up line EVERY TUESDAY from 9AM -12PM at City Hope's Foley campus; address 21270 Miflin Rd, Foley, AL In order for them to have adequate amount of food prepared, they are asking that each family sign up on sign up genius, with the time they are expecting to come. You don’t have to have the children with you in order to receive the food. They simply need to know how many bags per family (1 bag per child). Simply complete the attached sign up genius so they know how many bags to prepare. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040845a4aa2aa7f85-city1
Fairhope Youth Rotary will serve as a site to distribute Feeding the Gulf Coast meals to students. This is a drive thru service only for children under 18. Meals will start on March 19, 11am-1pm while students are out of school.
Sugar Kettle Cafe REMEMBER TO COME GET YOUR KIDS MEALS TUESDAYS AND NOW THURSDAYS ALSO!! A big thank you to Davis & Fields, PC for sponsoring a second day. Sugar Kettle Cafe is offering FREE HOT LUNCHES FOR KIDS for our families in need. Students (K-6) must be present. Limit 100 meals. Available 11-1. For more information on Sugar Kettle
North Baldwin Ecumenical (Bay Minette)- provides food assistance for residents North of I-10; call 251-937-8115
- Ecumenical Ministries (Fairhope)- provides food assistance for Eastern Shore area residents by appointment only every Tuesday and Thursday; call 251-928-3430
Ecumenical Ministries (Foley)- provides food assistance by appointment only; call 251-943-3445 and leave
YMCA locations in Baldwin (Foley and Daphne)- offering sacked breakfast and lunch for 18 and under from 11am- 1pm Monday through Friday.
Chick & Sea Restaurant (Foley)- offering free kid’s meals from 11am-3pm
Disinfection and Santization
While we have great confidence in our country's ability to successfully deal with the coronavirus, student safety is our top priority which is why we are taking extra precautions to prevent the spread or contamination within our school facilities. This includes employee education, hand sanitizing as well as higher frequency and deeper sanitation in all of our educational environments. Please see the attached information for more details on our initiatives. Please encourage these practices not only at school but at home. Baldwin County Board of Education will continue to monitor the CDC (CDC.gov) and ADPH advisories and follow all government directives. Please report any suspected symptoms or concerns to your local school principal.
COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
The Baldwin County Public School System continues to monitor updates on COVID-19 based upon current guidance from the Center for Disease Control and remains in contact with Alabama Public Health Department officials.
Based on the CDC website under “travel guidelines”, presently there are no travel restrictions for locations within the United States. BCPSS will continue to monitor student field trips and make decisions on a case-by-case basis based on current information available.
BCPSS understands some parents or guardians may have concerns regarding their child’s participation in field trips. Student participation in instructional or student activity field trips is always optional at the discretion of the parent or guardian.
If a student does not participate in an instructional program field trip during the school day, the school will provide an appropriate educational alternative.
To learn more about handwashing please click this link to the CDC (Centers For Disease Control) recomendations or visit the Baldwin County Health Services Department for more information at this link.
COVID-19 UPDATE: A parental guide for parents and students