Many resources are also availbale on the BCBE Facebook page as well. @bcbealabama
Take a Virtual Field Trip
There are many places, museums, farms and locations around the world that offer Virutal Tours. This is a great opportunity for your student to learn more about the world and places and things that they can see and do. Take advantage of this great opportunity to learn more about the world that we live in. Before you set sail on your virtual field tip print the field trip log and create a trip guide.
- Visit the San Diego Zoo for amazing videos, activities and games.
- Yellowstone National Park- see the Mud Volcano, Mammoth Hot Springs and so much more
- MARS. Explore the surface of MARS with the Curiosity Rover.
- Learn more about the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- See the Giant Pandas at the Zoo Atlanta
- The Houston Zoo features 6 cameras
- The Georgia Aquarium has a beluga whale and jellyfish
- US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville offers a view of the Saturn 5 Rocket
- Discovery Educational Field Trips to see Polar Bears on the Tundra, STEM and more
- See the Louvre in Paris and the amazing works of art.
- The Great Wall of China is beautiful, take a virtual tour
- The Boston's Children's Museum, thanks to Google Maps allows students to take a tour of three floors.
- Shark Story Hour at 10am from the Atlantic White Shark Conservatory via this Facebook link
- Cincinnati Zoo features animals and a activity at 3pm via this Facebook link
- National Gallery of Art, Washington DC https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-gallery-of-art-washington-dc?hl=en
- Metropolitan Museum of Art https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-metropolitan-museum-of-art
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/van-gogh-museum?hl=en
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence Italy https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/uffizi-gallery?hl=en
- Reid Park Zoo Lion Cam in Tuscon, AZ http://reidparkzoo.org/cameras/lion-cam/
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bear Cubs Rhenen, Netherland https://explore.org/livecams/polar-bears/polar-bear-ouwehand-twin-cubs-cam-2
- Virtual Tour of the Seattle Aquarium
- Google Maps street view will allow you to visit almost any destination around the world. Check out this view from Pompei.
- Tour England through this 360 video.
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg.
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island.
- Learn more about Buckingham Palace
See the Animals:
The Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo is starting a daily adventure of their animals for people to view during this stay at home period. They just posted Episode One today of Bruce Quillis Adventure. I don’t know if this is a resource you might want to share on the BOE’s page, but I thought I would mention it as they are a great local resource during this time for continuing education and daily adventures. My kiddos watched Bruce’s adventure today and loved it! Here is the link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AlabamaGulfCoastZoo
Salt Dough Eggs
Easter is on its way and I am very much looking forward to it. Are you ready for the bright colors, the pastels, and anything with spring green? Create these fun Salt Dough Easter Egg Ornaments and enjoy for years to come.
Something fun to do with kids is to have a scavenger hunt indoors or outdoors. These sheets can be printed for your hunts.
Lego's: Everyone loves Lego's
Everything is awesome! Especially when your kids are having fun with these LEGO printables! If your child loves LEGOS, they’ll love these fun coloring pages, crossword puzzles, and word searches featuring Star Wars, DUPLO, Ninjago, and LEGO Friends characters.
This is AWESOME! ❤️ FREE PRINTABLE HERE --->> https://
www.thebestideasforkids.com / indoor-activities-for-kids/
Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level and let the learning begin!
-The Editors of Scholastic Classroom Magazines.
REACH FOR THE STARS, WITH NASA:
No matter if you enjoy taking or just watching images of space, NASA has a treat for you. They have made their entire collectionof images, sounds, and video available and publicly searchable online. It’s 140,000 photos and other resources available for you to see, or even download and use it any way you like.
DISNEY GOES VIRTUAL
Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, and more might be taking some time off during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak as Disney World and Disneyland are closed for at least a few weeks, but you can still experience some of that magic while everyone is cooped up at home. With a quick visit to YouTube, you and your kids can be momentarily transported to Orlando.
LET'S DRAWLooking for something a little different to do with your kiddos? Check out these FREE Directed Drawing videos! Lots to choose from, and there's even a free calendar to make with all the drawings! Let me know what you'd like to see next! https://whimsyworkshopteaching.com/directed-drawing-videos/
VR & ARDoes your child have a VR headset. Download the Google Expeditions app and unleash the fun! Introduce your students to a new way of learning with virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Download the Expeditions app to get started.
Visit these outstanding National Parks while you are at home with Virtual Tours:
Educational Sites FREE for students:
ACTOR READS TO CHILDREN:
Actor Josh Gad Is Reading Books to Kids Online Every Night During Coronavirus Quarantines. Grab the tissues! Josh Gad has decided to read children’s books to families around the world via his Twitter page each night while either under quarantine or practicing social distancing during the outbreak of coronavirus.
The Frozen II and Beauty and the Beast star began with reading Olivia Goes to Venice and has kept the trend going with The Day the Crayons Quit and The Giving Tree. It seems Gad will continue the trend as long as is needed to keep spirits high and to help entertain families during this time. Josh also shares some fun insight into his admiration for the books he is reading and hilarious stories about his kids that they will be sure to roll their eyes at when they get older. Josh’s “Samantha?” Hat in the first video made us giggle up a storm, hehehehe. You can check out Josh’s first three readings with this link.
Take a Virtual Field Trip
Take a virtual field trip to zoons, museums and more with this link.
Educational tips while your student is at home:
RESOURCES. It's #NationalPandaDay. If you are seeking something for your student to do while at home, check out the Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute. While the zoo is closed animal may not be visible at all times. #baldwinproud
Welcome to the Smithsonian's National Zoo's Panda Cams, where you can watch giant pandas Tian Tian and Mei Xiang.
While you are watching pandas chomp on bamboo, play in trees and tumble in the grass, specially trained volunteers with Friends of the National Zoo are hard at work using these cameras to collect behavioral data on the giant pandas. Please note that while the cameras stream live 24 hours a day, FONZ volunteer operators will only be following the pandas during regular business hours.
Be sure to toggle back and forth between Panda Cam 1 and Panda Cam 2 using the tabs at the top of the video player to get the full Panda Cam experience.
Learning math online isn’t always easy! Luckily there are some great math websites for teaching math virtually We’ve gathered a list of teacher-approved sites that includes resources, games, freebies, and innovative programs for teaching math.
Here are the best math websites, according to teachers.
Keeping students on track while at home may seem like a daunting task utilizing this example will help anytime during school closures (i.e., COVID-19, natuaral disasters, summer break)