Although Baldwin County Public Schools will not be able to offer the 21st Century After School Programs that are traditionally held throughout the summer we are collecting suggestions for summer to assist with planning. Feel free to reach out to these camps or utilize these ideas for your students this summer.
- Bay Camp will host "Explore The Shore" featuring 11 weeks of Summer Fun. Learn more at this link.
- Nature Connect offers outdoor summer day camps in Fairhope for ages 3-12. Weekly sessions run June 1 - August 7th, 2020. Learn more at www.natureconnectalabama.org/camps
- Eastern Shore Parents Magazine's April 2020 issue is dedicated to summer activities. Learn more about camps, fun activities and more at this link.
- Stepping Stone Academy located in Foley will offer child care and a full day program for 5-7 year olds. Contact the camp at 251.970.5437.
- Let's swim with BMAC Swim School who is committed to teaching your child not only to be as safe as possible around water but also to teach them the correct mechanics of movement in the water. Please contact us to discuss what class will best suit your child at 251-458-2628 or online at Bmacswim.com for dates, lessons as well as registration information.
- Bay Area Performing Arts is excited to be offering 4 incredible summer camps! Our camps are a great way for kids, whether new or experienced, to enjoy the art of theatre. We are offering three theatre camps: the Journey of Little Red, Aladdin Kids, and Frozen Kids! At the end of each, we conclude with a performance of the show they learned over the two-week camp. We are also featuring our theatre intensive camp called "It's a Theatre Thing".
- Gulf Coast Dance Connection, Inc. is offering summer dance classes for kids to adults during the day and evening. For more information or to register click here. A cheer camp will also be included as well as yoga, ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop and more.
- Learn to dance, attend a summer dance camp and more with Creative Dance Academy Camps. See the attached flyer with details and information on the various summer camps that will be offered for students ages 3 and up featuring 8-week sessions of creative movement, ballet, jazz, hip hop. Friday camps are also available. Learn more today!
- The University of South Alabama College of Engineering Summer Engineering Academy (SEA) is a great opportunity to discover all engineering fields and get hands-on engineering experience.
SEA is for any rising 10th and 11th grader. We will consider 9th and 12th graders if there is any space.General InformationHighly motivated, inquisitive rising 10th and 11th graders are invited to a one week non-residential experience at Shelby Hall. Please email your entire application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org You will be notified if you are selected or not by June 12, 2020. ***Scholarships available to those that demonstrate need and meet the criteria. Please be prepared to clearly explain the need for this assistance. Scholarship will cover a portion of the registration fee. Please contact Nani Perez Uribe for more information at email@example.com
- Camp MED Explorers is a multi-day health career exploration experience developed by Southern Alabama AHEC (SAAHEC) held in Brewton, AL, June 9-10, 2020 at the Hourglass . It is designed to enrich the lives of students who show a genuine interest in learning about health professions. Through interactive activities and sessions, students will be provided with basic health skills training, educational growth, and invaluable resources. The camp is free, and includes a t-shirt, lunch, snack, and resources. Our focus is on accepting students who come from disadvantaged or rural communities, or will be first in their family to attend college. Mail the completed form to Southern Alabama AHEC, c/o Dixie Wiggins, 220 Alco Drive, Brewton, AL 36426 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuskegee University offers a number of summer programs that benefit high school and incoming college students wishing to broaden their experience in their planned field of study and future careers. As we update our offerings for summer 2020, the listing below from our summer 2019 offerings provides an overview of the types of programs and subject matter offered, as well as the general program dates and deadlines.
- Flight Works will take education to a new altitude! Thousands of students and learners of all ages will participate in challenges, workshops, camps, seminars, and more. Activities will mimic the manufacturing industry, from the time an idea is born, to designing prototypes, to the development of a product. Manufacturing will come alive in Flight Works Alabama.
- The National Flight Academy in Pensacola is a great resource for students interested in the science of flight--they offer many different summer camps/day programs for students 5-12 grades.
- The City of Fairhope is offering summer activities to begin June 1. See this link for openings for city facilities.
- FEEDING THE GULF COAST SUMMER FEEDING PROGRAM will be SERVING LUNCHES DAILY : M.T W.TH.F. 11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. AGES: 18 AND UNDER START DATE: MAY 25, 2020
at the SNOOK YOUTH CLUB OF FOLEY 1391 S. CEDAR ST. FOLEY, AL 36535 PH: 251.943.1348 CELL: 678.646.8787
Useful Resources for Parents
As the students of Alabama are receiving their academic instruction via other methods, we would like to offer resources for parents and families. You may want to review the attached links to see if they may be useful in helping the parents in your communities. Parent and Family Engagement Resources:
Help is availableAs we all transition to a new normal, these uncertain times can be difficult for the entire family — especially children and teens. Knowing what’s normal behavior and what’s not will help you provide a calm and comforting support system for your kids. If you have any concerns about your child’s behaviors, AltaPointe Health has a team of mental health professionals standing by to take your call 24 hours a day. Click here to download the below flyer. #baldwinproud