Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School Academic Year 2020-2021
The Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School will adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the Baldwin County Public School System PARENT AND STUDENT HANDBOOK - STUDENT AND CODE OF CONDUCT. Below are additional guidelines and expectations which apply to students enrolled in the Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School.
- Stay enrolled in the Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School through the end of the academic year, with re-evaluation at the end of each nine weeks, or case by case in extreme situations.
- Attend class daily in accordance with Baldwin County school calendar by logging in to Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School online platform.
- Take advantage of weekly, face-to-face scheduled tutoring sessions offered at designated sites.
- Turn in assignments weekly to stay on pace with BCPSS curriculum and pacing guide.
- Contact the Lead Teacher at the first sign of academic difficulties. These meeting can take place, over the phone, in a digitally conference, or in person.
- Contact the Lead Teacher should you encounter difficulties with your technology device.
- Participate in all Parent/Teacher/Students conferences or Parent Workshops held either in digital format or in person.
- Read and respond to email, text, or other communication from Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School staff.
- Keep email address and phone number current with school staff.
- Provide transportation to and from designated satellite sites for tutoring sessions and assessments as needed. Satellite sites will be determined based on enrollment numbers.
- Provide transportation to and from the Daphne site for all Alabama mandated state testing. Schedules will be provided when received from the Alabama State Department of Education.
- Parents should be prepared to remain on-site depending on the length of the session or assessment. Times will be posted and communicated in weekly parent communications.
- Follow Baldwin County Public School’s dress code when on base or designated sites.
- Have school supplies (typical to what you would normally have for a site based class) on hand and ready for activities as directed by teacher.
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY POLICY: No Cheating Policy
The Academic Integrity Contract combines the existing requirements posed by Baldwin County Public Schools and Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School. Students are expected to adhere to academic integrity regarding each of the following topics. If a student fails to abide by these expectations, the student could receive a failing grade and could be subject to other consequences as determined by the Baldwin County Public School Assistant Superintendent, Hope M. Zeanah.
- All assessments and/or tests must be completed by the student alone.
- Parents/guardian/or another adults should not assist in assignments, when a grade is required.
- No sharing of assignments or “working together” unless designed by the teacher.
- Plagiarism will not be allowed in any form. This will include copying, using, purchasing, or stealing the ideas, words, or work of others and presenting them as one’s own.
- Content from the Internet should not be misused or misrepresented including, but not limited to, searching test/quiz answers while taking a test/quiz, turning in completed worksheets found online, copying and pasting information, etc.
- Students will not share copyrighted assignments or lessons with other students or online entities.
- Student will not give login information to another student or adult who is not parent/guardian
I agree to comply with all of the policies and procedures sited in the Baldwin County Public Schools Student Handbook/Student Code, the Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School Guidelines and Expectations and the Academic Integrity Policy. Additionally, I agree to submit my own work, and to take all tests and assessments on my own.
Student Signature: ___________________________________________________
As a parent/guardian of the above named student, I understand the student requirements of compliance with Baldwin County Public Schools - Student Handbook/Student Code, the Baldwin County Virtual Elementary School Guidelines and Expectations and the Academic Integrity Policy.
Parent Signature: _________________________________________________