Work in a productive space
- Limit background noise and distractions with a quiet area
- Other devices that are not used in instructional time should be off
- Toys and pets should not be visible on your screen during instructional time
Be ready for learning
- During instruction, make sure to have good posture. No lying in bed.
- Bathroom breaks should be taken before meets
- Students should not be eating during meets
- Keep your microphone muted/unmuted as instructed by your teacher
- Make sure your attire would be acceptable for school and should not be a distraction to other students’ learning.
- Attend scheduled meets and be on time
- Keep cameras on during the meets unless avatar use is pre-approved by the teacher
- Come prepared with all supplies as instructed by your teacher
- Stay engaged in the lesson
- Use the chat box only as instructed. All chats will be monitored.
- Complete assignments. You are responsible for finishing assignments on time.
- Do your own work; representing someone else’s work as student work is cheating and/or plagiarism and subject to discipline procedures.
Use technology properly
- Follow the BCBE Technology Acceptable Use Agreement
- Be sure to keep your passwords secret
- Make sure your device is fully charged or plugged in before meets begin
- Set up your device before the meet begins to make sure it is operational and your face can be seen.
- Communication with other students must be course-related in nature and must be polite, courteous, and respectful. The sending of unsolicited emails and/or messages to other classmates is prohibited.
- Student avatars or icons should be of the student’s face.