Baldwin County Virtual School Chess Club Bylaws
ARTICLE I: NAME & PURPOSE
Section A: Name – The name of this club shall be BCVS Chess Club
Section B: Purpose – The purpose of this club shall be:
- Play Chess
- Learn strategies to improve in chess
- Compete in monthly chess meets
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP & DUES
Section A: Eligibility - Membership shall be open to all students at BCVS.
Section B: Dues – Dues shall be $10 per year.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS
Section A: Officers – The officers shall be a President and Secretary/Treasurer.
Section B: Eligibility – Officers must be full time students at BCVS
Section C: Election – The officers shall be elected by ballot at the second meeting of the fall semester by a majority of the vote cast for that office.
Section D: Term – The officers shall serve for one school year.
Section E: Vacancy – If a vacancy occurs in any office, it shall be filled by a special election.
Section F: Removal – Officers can be removed by the advisor at the recommendation of the school administration due to disciplinary issues.
ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section A: President – it shall be the duty of the President to:
- Preside at meetings
- Vote only in case of a tie
- Represent the club
Section B: Secretary/Treasurer – It shall be the duty of the Secretary to:
- Maintain a current roster of membership
- Issue notices of meetings and conduct the general correspondence of the club
- Receive all funds
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
Section A: Meetings – Regular meetings shall be held every other week during the regular school year.
Section B: Meets – The club may participate in monthly chess meets at area high schools.
ARTICLE VI: SPONSOR
Section A: Sponsor – Mrs. Beall shall be the faculty sponsor of the BCVS Chess Club.
Section B: Duties – The responsibilities of the faculty advisor shall be to:
- Maintain an awareness of the activities of the club.
- Meet on a regular basis with the leaders of the student club to discuss upcoming meetings, long range plans, and goals of the club.
- Attend regular meetings.
- Assist in the orientation of new officers.
- Explain and clarify campus policy and procedures that apply to the club.
- Assist the club treasurer in monitoring expenditures.
- Inform club members of those factors that constitute unacceptable behavior on the part of the club members, and the possible consequence of said behaviors.