Substitutes: Teacher Substitute Applicants

Part 1: ALSDE Substitute License Application

  • (For Teacher Substitute Applicants Only)

    If you desire to sub in a classroom AND you do not have a valid Alabama Teaching Certificate or current ALSDE Substitute License, you must apply for a Substitute License from the Alabama State Department of Education.

    ALSDE Substitute License Application - A $38.00 NONREFUNDABLE application fee is required.  The fee can be paid through the ALSDE Educator Certification Online Payment System, with a major credit card, at (a transaction fee will be applied) or by cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE). 

    Personal checks nor cash will be accepted. Please click this link for the substitute license application:

    Mail ALSDE (Alabama State Department of Education) Substitute License Application, photocopy of valid driver’s license, and payment method or receipt from online payment to the address below for Baldwin County Board of Education to complete and send to the Alabama State Department of Education.

    Mail to: Baldwin County Public Schools
    Human Resources Dept. – Sub Application
    2600 N. Hand Avenue, Bay Minette, AL 36507

Part 2: Background & References

Part 3: Education Verification and/or Professional License Requirements

Part 4: Sub Employment Request & Orientation

  • 1. BCBE Substitute Employment Request:  This is your last step to complete at this time; please complete the application found at this link. 

    2. Substitute Orientation Preparation:  Once you have been fingerprinted, one reference has been received, and the entire substitute packet has been received by mail to: 2600 Hand Avenue, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507, someone from the BCBE HR office will contact you to schedule your appointment. 

    Please complete the following documents and mail them with your Substitute Packet: Click here to complete the documents

    • Drug-Free Workplace Statement
    • Attestation of Status with Retirement Systems of Alabama
    • W-4
    • A-4
    • Direct Deposit Form

    3. Attend Substitute Orientation with the following required items:

    • Driver’s License – valid, no copies accepted
    • Social Security Card – valid, no copies accepted
    • Blank Voided Check or Bank Letter with Account Information for Direct Deposit