Substitutes: Athletic Coaches
ALSDE SUBSTITUTE LICENSE APPLICATION
If you desire to be an athletic coach or sub in a classroom AND you do not have a valid Alabama Teaching Certificate or current ALSDE Substitute License, you must apply for a Substitute License from the Alabama State Department of Education. Please click this link for the substitute license application: https://www.alabamaachieves.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/TEA_2023726_Form-SUB_V1.0.pdf
ALSDE Substitute License Application – Fee is $38, add $4 if paid online. ALSDE will also accept a cashier's check or money order. https://appengine.egov.com/apps/al/adoe/payments
Mail ALSDE (Alabama State Department of Education) Substitute License Application, photocopy of valid driver’s license, and payment method or receipt from online payment to the address below for Baldwin County Board of Education to complete and send to the Alabama State Department of Education.
Mail to: Baldwin County Public Schools
Human Resources Dept. – Sub Application
2600 N. Hand Avenue, Bay Minette, AL 36507
Background & References
- Background Clearance Process – Fee is $46.20. To complete the Background Clearance please start here.
- Reference – either professional or character; professional preferred if employed in the past 5 years. To complete the Reference for your application please download this form.
- This form may be mailed to: Baldwin County Public Schools, 2600 North Hand Avenue, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507
Athletic coaches may request an official college transcript, which must be sent via US Postal Service from a college/ university or Parchment. To order a copy of your official college transcript please click this link to be directed to Parchment.
Athletic coaches with a high school diploma or equivalent must provide a copy of the high school diploma or transcript sent via US Postal Service. If you need a copy of your high school diploma/ transcript please go to Parchment to order a copy.
Mail to: Baldwin County Public Schools Human Resources Dept. – Sub Application 2600 N. Hand Avenue, Bay Minette, AL 36507
Sub Employment Request & Orientation
1. BCBE Substitute Employment Request: This is your last step to complete at this time; please complete the application found at this link
2. Substitute Orientation Preparation: Once you have been fingerprinted, one reference has been received, and the entire substitute packet has been received by mail to: 2600 Hand Avenue, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507, someone from the BCBE HR office will contact you to schedule your appointment.
Please complete the following documents and mail them with your Substitute Packet: Click here to complete the documents
- Drug-Free Workplace Statement
- Attestation of Status with Retirement Systems of Alabama
- Direct Deposit Form
3. Attend Substitute Orientation with the following required items:
- Driver’s License – valid, no copies accepted
- Social Security Card – valid, no copies accepted
- Blank Voided Check or Bank Letter with Account Information for Direct Deposit