General Information & Overview
Mission Statement – In partnership with the community, the Baldwin County Public Schools’ mission is to prepare. ALL students to graduate College and Career Ready through a culture of equity and opportunity.
Vision Statement – Our vision is to foster a nurturing environment with high expectations for students to achieve their potential and graduate with countless opportunities.
Motto – #BaldwinProud #CommunityStrong
Overview of the BCBE School System
- 31,000 students
- 46 schools
- 1 virtual school program: K-12
- 1 alternative school
- 1 aviation program
- 8 high school campuses
- 2 award winning technical campuses
- Social Media, Rapid Notification, Smart Phone App
- Student care provided by 75+ highly-trained nurses
- 320 buses traveling 18,000 miles daily with 17,000 students aboard
- Largest employer in Baldwin County 3800 employees
- Nationaly recognized teachers
- Annual Budget of $449 million
- Mr. Eddie Tyler, ACEA Superintendent of the Year
- District Accredited
- One of only three Scholastic Lighthouse Districts in U.S.
- Largest and most award-winning After School program in Alabama
- School Resource Officer at all 46 schools
- Top-paid teachers in Alabama
- Leader in Me Leadership Program
- Charter and most-active Jennifer Claire Moore Peer Helper Program
- Largest student technology program in Alabama
- 1:1 Technology
- Fastest-growing school system in Alabama
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Advanced Placement in all high schools
- Award-winning Special Needs and Gifted Students
- Dual Enrollment – take college classes in high school
- Sea, Sand and Stars Experiential Sea Lab/Planetarium
An Accredited School System
Accreditation is a voluntary method of quality assurance developed more than 100 years ago by American universities and secondary schools and designed primarily to distinguish schools adhering to a set of educational standards. Today the accreditation process is used at all levels of education and is recognized for its ability to effectively drive student performance and continuous improvement in education. Reviews take place every five years.Baldwin County Public School System participated in an External Review by a team of highly qualified evaluators March 23-26, 2014. The External Review is the hallmark of AdvancED Performance Accreditation as it energizes and equips the leadership and stakeholders of an institution to achieve higher levels of performance and address those areas that may be hindering efforts to reach desired performance levels. External Review is a rigorous process that includes examination of evidence and relevant data, interviews with stakeholders, and observations of instruction, learning, and operations.Following the External Review, the team submitted their final report to AdvancEd Accreditation Commission, granting Baldwin County Public School System accreditation status. By achieving this designation, our school system was the first among Alabama School systems to achieve the system-wide distinction. In the past, each school was accredited separately.Click here for the complete AdvancED report of the External Review for Baldwin County Board of Education.
Baldwin County is located in the southwest corner of the state, bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, Mobile Bay, Florida, and adjoining counties in Alabama. It is one of the largest counties in land area east of the Mississippi River, home to more than 200,000 residents, and is the fastest growing county in Alabama and one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. Baldwin County is the location of the first public school in Alabama, built in 1799 by the community of Tensaw, and today's schools remain community centers. The schools in the county are located in seven areas identified as "feeder patterns", the educational path a student takes from kindergarten through 12th grade.
Baldwin County Board of Education
2600 North Hand Avenue, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507
251.937.0306. At this location: Superintendent's Office, Human Resources, Business and Finance (Accounting, Purchasing, Payroll, Insurance and Local School Accounting), After School Child Care, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Safety, Security and Attendance (Prevention/Support).
Central Office Satellite
1091 B Avenue, Loxley, Alabama 36551
251.972.6862. At this location: Instructional Support, Career Technical Education Services, School Improvement, Fine Arts and Media, Textbook Warehouse, Federal Programs, and System Testing
Educational Technology (ET) Services (located next door to the Central Office Satellite)
1071 B Avenue, Loxley, Alabama 36551
251.972.6850. At this location: Educational Technology (ET) Services Division, Computer Training Labs.
Facilities and Maintenance / Transportation - North Site (located to the north of the Board of Education Complex, Entry off Highway 59)
211 Rabun Road, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507
251.580.1842. At this location: Facilities Maintenance, Bus Shop/Vehicle MaintenanceFacilities and Maintenance - South Site23651 Flowers Road, Robertsdale, AL 36567
251.970.4405. At this location: Facilities Maintenance22835 McAulliffe Road, Robertsdale, Alabama 36567251.970.4402Environmental Services and Warehouse (located to the north of the Board of Education Complex, Entry off Highway 59)
211 Rabun Road, Bay Minette, Alabama 36507
251.580.2580. At this location: Environmental Services and WarehouseEnvironmental Services and Warehouse - South Site23651 Flowers Road, Robertsdale, AL 36567
251.580.2580. At this location: Environmental Services and WarehouseCF Taylor Alternative School
19150 Wilters Street, Robertsdale, Alabama 36567
251.970.4415. At this location: Alternative School, Child Nutrition and Dropout PreventionSouth Baldwin Center Culinary Arts Center19150-A Wilters Street, Robertsdale, AL 36567Transportation - South Site202 Sandborne Avenue, Summerdale, AL 36580Communications Center
19150-B Wilters Street, Robertsdale, Alabama 36567
251.970.4433. At this location: Television Studio, Television Production Classroom, Communications/News Center
Baldwin County Public Schools, a K-12 public school system, located on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, is one of the best, most progressive school systems in America. The school system has students from more than 30 countries, many who are in Baldwin County because of International corporate expansion or relocation. Every student receives a digital device, a Chromebook.
With outstanding teachers and great resources, it is clear why recently a team of educational experts from AdvancED, the premier accreditation organization in the world, said of the Baldwin County Public School System: "Baldwin County is one of the best school systems we've seen." Baldwin County Public Schools teachers regularly win national teaching honors for their progressive, 21st Century classroom instruction that puts the student in the center of the learning experience.
Our community is committed to the pursuit of quality education. Baldwin County citizens have twice passed sales tax initiatives to ensure our students success in the leanest of economic times. When one visits our classrooms, there is little wonder why Baldwin leads Alabama as the fastest growing county. We know that strong communities are supported by strong schools and our future is only as bright as our young people.
You may choose to search the employee directory by completing the fields below or you may click the "SUBMIT" button and the entire directory will appear.
Every Baldwin County graduate will be:
- Multilingual- Fluent in a language other than the student’s native language
- Internationally connected- Aware of international issues based upon personal experiences and relationships
- Civic-minded- Active in community life and involved in addressing global challenges
- Collaborative- Skilled at working within a team to solve problems around a common goal
- Academically competitive- Effectively prepared to succeed in national and global arenas
- Technologically savvy- Adept at using technology to be innovative and entrepreneurial
- College and career ready- Able to move seamlessly into post-secondary education or a chosen profession through preparation within one or more of the following:
- The International Baccalaureate Programme (IB)
- Advanced Placement courses (AP)
- Dual Enrollment in college classes
- Career Academies