Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Deborah Reed
Welcome to my page!
I am Ms. Reed the theatre teacher. This school year I will be teaching Theatre I, II, & III; International Baccalaureate Theatre SL & HL; and Oral Communication. This will be my 16th year at Daphne High School, and how these years have swiftly and joyfully passed.
Here are a few of my favorite moments at DHS . . .
- Directing these musicals: Music Man, Grease, West Side Story, Oklahoma!, and Bye Bye Birdie;
- Escorting students to New York City;
- Sponsoring the Drama Club;
- Moving into the newly renovated Trojan Theatre; and
- Watching the Trojans compete in State Championships!
I received an Associate of Arts degree from Faulkner State Community College and a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of South Alabama in Language Arts. Additionally, I have completed graduate work from the University of South Alabama and The University of Alabama. I have received both standard level (SL) and higher level (HL) training in Theatre from the International Baccalaureate Association.
I am currently designated as “highly qualified teacher” in the following subjects:
Arts Survey, and
Personally, I am a long-time resident of Baldwin County, and a proud grandmother of two adorable boys named Bryant and Brooks.