Central Baldwin Middle School'sCounseling and Guidance Department'sMission Statement
The mission of Central Baldwin Middle School’s Counseling and Guidance Department is to provide programs and services that promote student personal growth, academic achievement, and college and career readiness.Our CounselorsDr. Chezley Banister-Neth serves as full-time counselor at CBMS. Dr. Neth can be reached via email at email@example.comMrs. Lana Mallett serves as interim counselor working on the CBMS Thursday, Friday, and every other Monday. Mrs. Mallett can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat do counselors do??
Middle School Counselors complete many duties including:1. Providing direct counseling services to students individually, in small group, or large group instruction.
2. Providing education and support services to parents.
3. Facilitating referrals to community support services.
4. Advising students on academic planning and career guidance.
6. Collaborating with Robertsdale High School to inform students of the academic requirements for high school.
7. Acting as Building Test Coordinator.Should you wish for your student to speak with a counselor, please do not hesitate to either call or email.Central Baldwin Middle School's Counseling and Guidance Programs
1. You Are Unique Program for 7th Grade and Socially Unacceptable for 8th Grade Abstinence Programs
2. Alabama Department of Education's Kuder Navigator (online program) will be used for 8th Grade students for career planning and the development of the 4 Year Plan
4. Activities/Programs for Suicide Prevention Week, Red Ribbon Week, Bullying Prevention Week, Youth Violence Prevention Week, and Alcohol Awareness/Prevention of Underage Drinking (Month of April) for 7th and 8th Grade and other programs as needed. New this year is the Erin's Law requiring sexual abuse awareness in middle schools.5. ACT Aspire and ScanTron management including the administration of tests and distribution of results6. Peer Tutoring teacher is Mr. Mugovero who will meet with students in the classroom daily. Counselors will serve as facilitators to assist the Peer Helper Program.