Meet our Counselors!
Keri Jones: K-3
A little about me …. personally.
- I have four children ranging in ages 16 to 2.
- I live in Fairhope.
- And I am a very animated Auburn fan!
A little about me….professionally.
- I have worked as a school counselor since 2000.
- All of these years have been in Daphne.
- I was a children’s therapist prior to my school counseling experience.
- My goal is to help children reach their emotional, social, and academic potential.
- I am available to help you in any way that I can.
- I am always up for shenanigans, dressing up, dancing, acting silly. I do draw the line at singing. I have been known to lip sync, but not sing. For all of our benefit.
Visit Mrs. Jones website for K-3.
Kelley Morris: 4-6
A little about me...personally.
- I have 2 daughters (ages 6 and 8).
- I have two cats but love all animals, especially orcas.
- I live in Spanish Fort but am originally from central Florida.
- After living in Alabama for 10 years now, I finally enjoy watching football!
- I am so happy to be working closer to home!
A little about me...professionally.
- I have worked as a school counselor for 5 years.
- This is my first year working in an Alabama school. I previously worked as a school counselor in Pensacola, FL.
- I was a children's behavioral aide in the Wings day treatment program prior to being a school counselor.
- I am the Peer Helper coordinator at Daphne East and loving it!
- Email is the best way to reach me.
- Let me know how I can help! Our goal is for our students to be successful academically, socially, and emotionally.
What do school counselors do?
- Individual, small group and whole group counseling
- 504 Coordinator
- RTI / PST
- Building Test Coordinator
- Homebound Services Coordinator
- Homeless Liaison
- Big Brother/Big Sister Coordinator
- Peer Helpers Co-sponsor
- DHR/Alta Pointe Liaison
- School Counseling Advisory Chair
- Responsible for Staff Trainings
- Red Ribbon Week
- Thanksgiving/Christmas Philanthropic Drives
- Lauren’s Kids Curriculum
- Bullying Prevention Week
- National Suicide Prevention Week
- Random Acts of Kindness Week
- National School Counseling Week
- National Youth Violence Prevention Week
- Teacher Appreciation Week