Club Description: “No Barriers” is a BCVS club that provides the opportunity to do something truly meaningful. As a member, you will volunteer to spend time with individuals with special needs. You will develop friendships with participants at organizations such as The Exceptional Foundation, which is a wonderful local facility that provides recreational, artistic, and social activities for developmentally and physically challenged individuals. (And they have a lot of fun!) You will see that there really should be “No Barriers”to friendship. I am so excited to sponsor this club again this year! I have seen firsthand the powerful impact that working with individuals with special needs can have. You may join a club like this with the intention of helping others, and that is so important; however, nothing prepares you for how much it helps and changes YOU. Last year, we attended several events at The Exceptional Foundation, attended the Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs (and it’s such an amazing event), and volunteered at Baldwin County’s Special Olympics (another amazing event)!
Primary Sponsor: Starla Morris
- to raise awareness and acceptance of individuals with special needs
- to develop meaningful friendships with individuals with special needs
- to volunteer at centers such as The Exceptional Foundation in Daphne, Alabama
- to volunteer at the AMAZING Tim Tebow prom (A Night to Shine)
- to volunteer at Special Olympics
- to spread positivity and kindness