Mrs. Lewana Goodrich (6th Grade Counselor & 7th Grade Counselor A-L)Contact by email at email@example.com or phone 251-625-3271
Ms. Nigia Bolton (7th Grade Counselor M-Z & 8th Grade Counselor)Contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 251-625-3271
Mrs. Goodrich and Ms. Bolton are very excited about the opportunity to work together with the students, faculty, staff, and Administration of such a great school. We are both looking forward to getting to know you and your students during this upcoming school year.
Ms. Bolton has been employed by the Baldwin County Board of Education since August of 2005 as a High School history teacher and a Middle School Counselor. Her education includes an undergraduate degree in Social Science-Secondary Education from the University of Mobile and a master's degree in School Counseling from the University of West Alabama.
Mrs. Goodrich has over 25 years of experience in the field of education including teaching and serving as a Middle School Counselor. Her education includes an undergraduate degree in Family and Consumer Science from William Carey University and a master's degree in School Counseling from the University of South Alabama.
We both love what we do, and are committed to helping your student be successful.
At Spanish Fort Middle School, Mrs. Goodrich and Ms. Bolton are responsible for:
Should you wish for Mrs. Goodrich or Ms. Bolton to speak with your student, please do not hesitate to either call or email. Please be aware that there may be a time when Mrs. Goodrich or Ms. Bolton may talk with your student due to a self-referral, student referral, teacher/staff referral, agency referral, or Administrative referral.Mrs. Goodrich and Ms. Bolton are immediately available to meet with any student in crisis. However, every attempt is made not to interrupt academic classes (Math, Science, English, and Social Studies) whenever possible for non-emergency situations. For non-emergency situations students can report to the counseling department during electives and break. If a counselor is not available, we ask that students fill out a request to talk and we will see them at our earliest convenience. We have an open door policy for students at SFMS and the SFMS Counseling Office is a place where ALL students are welcome.Also, AltaPointe provides an on site counselor who comes to SFMS weekly to see students. This school based service is provided via a referral from Mrs. Goodrich or Ms. Bolton to AltaPointe. An AltaPointe counselor can only see students at SFMS who have these insurances: PEEHIP, Medicaid, or ALL Kids. Parents interested in AltaPointe school based counseling are welcome to contact Mrs. Goodrich or Ms. Bolton for more information.
- Providing direct counseling services to students individually, in small group, or large group instruction as needed.
- Providing education and support services to parents.
- Facilitating referrals to community support services.
- Advising students on academic planning and career guidance including helping students understand ACT Aspire score results.
- Working with Spanish Fort High School to inform students of the academic requirements for high school, including assisting students with registration and development of the state mandated high school 4 year plan.
- Acting as Building Test Coordinator.
- Conducting Attendance Early Warning Conferences as needed.
- Section 504 Coordinator
- Serving on the RTI (Response to Instruction) Team.
- Serving on the Leadership Team
- Serving as Homebound Coordinators
- Conducting annual required teacher training
- Identifying Duke TIPS qualifiers
- Coordinating the Peer Helper Program
- Assistance with the Master Schedule
- ACPS (Kuder) Administrator
- Assistance with Scantron testing
Spanish Fort Middle School's Counseling and Guidance Programs
- You Are Unique Program for 7th Grade and Socially Unacceptable for 8th Grade Abstinence Programs.
- Effective 2016/2017, use of the online Alabama Career Planning System (Kuder) for 7th and 8th grades. 8th Grade students will develop their high school 4 year plan via ACPS (Kuder).
- Activities/Programs in recognition of Suicide Prevention Week, Red Ribbon Week, Bullying Prevention Week, Youth Violence Prevention Week, and Kindness Week.
- ACT Aspire results education for students and facilitating test prep activities.
- Peer Helper Program