SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
- Top: White or Navy, Collared Shirt with sleeves or turtleneck. (Light blue polo is permitted for GSES.) Small unobtrusive logo is permitted.
- Boys Bottoms: Khaki or Navy Blue Pants or Shorts (corduroy fabric and “blue” denim permitted)
- Girls Bottoms: Khaki or Navy Blue, Pants, Skirts, Capri’s, Shorts, Skorts, Jumpers, or Dresses, (corduroy fabric and “blue” denim permitted)
- Footwear: Footwear must be worn at all times and be closed toe in nature.
- Sweaters and Sweatshirts: Must be solid: Black, Brown, Navy, Tan, Gray, White or dolphin blue (permitted for GSES)
- Coats and Jackets: Outerwear items must not have lettering, or logo of alcohol, tobacco, and/or controlled substance, nor pictures, symbols, art work that might be offensive in nature and cause a disruption to the educational process.
- Khaki is defined by Baldwin County Schools to be light tan in color.
Clothing must be of appropriate length and fit. To be acceptable, short pants and skirts must extend beyond either the fingertips when the student extends arms downward along the sides or reach the mid thigh whichever is longer.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED: Wind pants/sweatpants, velour pants, tights, yoga pants, jeggings, over-sized clothing, overalls, bellbottoms, un-hemmed clothing, clothing with cuts, slits, holes, or slashes in inappropriate places, sleeveless shirts, overcoats, or trenchcoats.
OUT OF UNIFORM DAYS
GSES will continue to offer Zaxby's and Chick fil A spirit nights. Out of uniform passes will be passed out at these events.
Students may purchase/order a Friday shirt at Meet the Teacher August 13 and during the first 2 weeks of school to wear on Friday's with uniform bottoms for $15.00 cash or check to GSES. This is a pre-order and shirts will be delivererd to GSES in October. PTO shirts will also be available for purchase to wear on Friday's as well.