- J. Larry Newton Elementary School
2021-2022 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION PAGE
Do you have a child that will start Kindergarten in the 2021-2022 school year?
We look forward to meeting all of our new Kindergarten students, and we're excited to get everyone registered and ready for school to begin In August!
In order to register your child for kindergarten, follow these steps:
Create a PowerSchool Account
- Click the link below to create your PowerSchool account. This link will be available beginning April 12th -
- Enter all required information to set up your account. The account is meant to be created by an adult family member.
- It is important to create only one account per household so that the system will be able to save and access your information correctly.
- Follow the prompts and enter all required information on each page.
Make an appointment to attend registration at J. Larry Newton School.
- Due to COVID-19 health and safety protocols, appointments for Kindergarten Registration are required.
- Kindergarten Registration On Campus Appointments will be held on the following dates at J. Larry Newton School -
Monday, April 12
Tuesday, April 13
Wednesday, April 14
Thursday, April 15
- Click the link below to open the SignUp Genius Schedule for On Campus Kindergarten Registration. Choose your day and time and submit the information required to set your appointment.
Attend Your Kindergarten Registration Appointment
On the day of your appointment, please wear a mask and follow health protocols. This appointment is for parent(s)/guardian(s) and student only. No siblings, please.
In order to register your child for kindergarten, several documents are required. Please bring all documents to your registration appointment.
What to Bring -
- Parent or legal guardian must enroll the student. A photo ID is required.
- Current, up-to-date Alabama Immunization Form for the student
- Birth Certificate for student
- Social Security Card for student
- Custody Papers, if applicable. (If mother and father are listed on birth certificate but not living in the same household we need custody paperwork. Final/current order with judge’s signature must be submitted.)
- Proof of Residence - All students are required to provide TWO (2) of the following residence verification documents (must be in parent/legal guardian’s name):
- Current utility bill or utility deposit receipt.
NOTE: Two different utility bills or receipts from the following are
acceptable: Fairhope Public Utilities, Riviera Utilities, Mediacom, AT&T.
- Current lease agreement
- Property deed
For Kindergarten enrollees only - The proof of residence verification needs to be completed during your registration appointment AND prior to the start of school in August.
Kindergarten Student Assessment
Students will complete a Kindergarten Assessment during your registration appointment. The attendance of registering Kindergarten students at registration is strongly encouraged.
You can also view this information in our KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION STEP BY STEP GUIDE.
If you have questions about any of the steps in the Kindergarten Registration process, please call J. Larry Newton School at 251-990-3858.