Dress Code for 2018-2019
- DRESS AND APPEARANCE
Students are expected to be clean and appropriately dressed for school. Dress and appearance must not present health or safety problems or cause disruption and should encourage a serious approach to school. The local school principal/designee will be the final authority for determining appropriate dress within the framework of the policy. The Baldwin County Board of Education prohibits any clothing or grooming that in the principal’s judgment may reasonably be expected to cause a substantial disruption of, or interference with, normal school operations.
- SECONDARY SCHOOL DRESS CODE
- No pictures, emblems, or writings on clothing that:
- Are lewd, offensive, vulgar or obscene,
- Advertises or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages,
- drugs or any other illegal substance, or
- Contains fighting words or incites criminal activity.
- No cut off tops. (No midriff can be showing)
- No sleeveless garments.
- No see-through garments.
- Designed so that the neckline does not reveal cleavage.
- Designed to cover all undergarments.
- Fit properly- no oversized or overly tight tops.
- No tank top/undershirt can be worn as a shirt.
- Length should be at fingertip/hand or mid-thigh, whichever is longer.
- Fit properly- no oversized or tight shorts.
- No spandex, biker, or see-through shorts.
- Must be hemmed and not rolled up
- Length should be at fingertip or mid-thigh, whichever is longer.
- Splits may not exceed (3) inches above the top of the knee.
- Proper fit- no sagging or baggy fit: worn at the waist.
- No see through or spandex legging pants.
- Leggings/tights may be worn only under shirts and dresses of appropriate length.
- No Oversized or tight pants.
- No holes in jeans in inappropriate areas (length rule).
- Sweat pants and warm-up suits will be allowed.
- Must be worn at all times, fastened properly.
- *Classes may require certain shoes. Ex. P.E., Chemistry.
- No bedroom slippers.
- Hats, caps, sweatbands, or other head covering will not be worn in
No gang related clothing/items will be allowed