- Daphne Middle School
Principal's Message July 2020
Daphne Middle School
Back to School News! Where to start?
Welcome to Daphne Middle School! We are excited about this school year! Our goal is to minimize risk while providing a quality education to our students. Pay special attention to the information provided in this publication.
As you plan for the upcoming year, please note that school begins at 7:45am. Students may be dropped off at 7:25 am. School ends daily at 3:00 pm. It is very important that your child arrives to school on time. Attendance is the key to success at the middle school level. The Attendance Policy may be found in the student handbook on our school website. There are several holidays built into the school year. Please try to plan vacations and such around the school calendar.
Your child is important to us. We want to serve our community in the best way. We need you to do that. Thank you in advance for your support, resources, and services for the 2020-2021 school year. We have several opportunities for students and parents. Open House will be virtual and held August 13, 2020. Please be encouraged to be a part of our school community. We are currently looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to help establish our Parent Volunteer Program. If you are interested, please click here, https://forms.gle/
Tiffany Irby Kalakheti
- Must be completed online using your Snap Code. Snap Code is available by calling 251-626-2845.
- July 31st is the final day to register for Daphne Middle and complete fee payments.
- Here's the link: https://www.bcbe.org/
- Address changes must be corrected in the front office. Documentation is needed to complete registration. Summer hours M-Thurs. from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm through July 31st. Regular hours, 7am-3:00 pm will resume August 3, 2020.
- Fees are $45.00 plus additional fees for enrichment classes.
- There is no transaction fee to pay fees.
- Payment Link: https://baldwincoal.csiepay.
- Here's the link: https://www.bcbe.org/
- PE UNIFORMS: https://gamedaysportsal.com/
- PE classes will not dress out the first semester due to Covid-19.
- Head coverings such as hats, head scarfs, and hoodies may not be worn in the building.
- Shorts and skirts must be at or beyond arms' length. Please be prepared for student growth.
SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
- Lunch Forms click here: www.bcbe.org/applyforlunch
- Lunch Menu: https://schools.mealviewer.
- Lunch Payments: myschoolbucks.com
The new prices will be:
Adult/Children Visitors: $2.50
Board of Education Employees: $2.25
Adult/Children Visitors: $4.25
Board of Education Employees: $3.75
Milk prices will remain $0.50.
- Lunch visits are discouraged due to the lack of space.
- Students will be able to eat in rotation using the classroom, café, and outdoors.
- Outside foods will not be permitted.
- Baldwin County Health Department is open from 8:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Located at 23280 Gilbert Drive in Robertsdale, AL 365626
- Please check with your child's doctor for updates.
- New digital way to submit athletic forms
- Check school website for athletic forms, www. Bcbe.org/dms
- Parents and child are responsible for completing all information before the season begins.
- Visit: https://www.dragonflymax.com/ SCHOOL CODE: RQPP2L
CELL PHONE POLICY
- All students must follow the cell phone policy.
- Cell phones must be powered off before entering the building.
- Students have access to phone use in the front office.
- Please review student handbook to learn about consequences for cell phone violation.
- Students are expected to attend school daily.
- Please review the attendance policy for the school. Students have 3 days to complete makeup work.
- Strive for less than 5 tardies and absences all year long.
- Fun Blast and special field trips will be planned quarterly for students that have less than 3 unexcused absences and tardies. Students that do not meet this requirement will participate in study hall to makeup the time missed from school. These activities will be postponed due to Covid-19.
- Student drop-off and pickup by using the County Road 13 entry only and/or Trione Park.
- Students are encouraged to walk, ride bikes, and/or bus daily.
- Bus rides are only for DMS students to their INOW address. Other travel arrangements must be made without the assistance of Baldwin County busses.
- Students dropped off in the front of the building or teacher parking lot may be subject to disciplinary actions. These areas are not supervised, and we want to ensure the safety and care of everyone.
- Bus social distancing guidelines have been put in place. All students will need to wear a mask on the bus.
- Do you need to know your bus number? Click here to submit your request, https://forms.gle/
- Schedules are usually given out the first day of class.
- Students will be able to view their schedules beginning August 7h from INOW.
- Students can access this information by logging into their portal.
- Schedule changes are not permitted.
- Do you need your Parent INOW password? Click here,
- Homerooms will be posted in the gym August 14th. Students will gather and meet in the gym every morning before school starts. Social distance practices will be implemented and strongly encouraged.
- Schedules consist of 4 core classes, enrichments, and PE.
- Sports/Activity Schedules should be provided by the coach/sponsor. Sports/Activities will be posted on the school calendar and Facebook for your view.
- Chromebooks are the main source for education delivery.
- Backpacks should be lightweight. Backpacks should have Chromebook, lunchbox, binder with paper, PE Uniform, novel, and power cord. Students carry their backpacks less than 2 minutes with class exchange.
- Athletes and Cheerleaders may store their athletic bags in the athletic closet each morning in the gym. This closet will remain locked until 2:45pm. Please only store athletic gear.
DMS Covid-19 Support Plan for Students
- All students are expected to wear a mask, shield, and/or face covering throughout the day.
- All classroom appearances have been reduced to essential furniture to make space for learning and movement.
- Water fountains will not be in use. All students are asked to bring a water bottle.
- School supplies should not be shared. Please label school supplies and keep the extra supplies at home.
- Hand sanitizing will occur before every class period.
- Hallways will become one way to help prevent student interactions like high fives and face to face conversations.
- All students will use the car line for morning drop off. 7th Grade students will enter the school from the gym entry. 8th grade students will enter the school from the front entry. This will help navigate temperature checks.
- Breakfast will be grab and go. Students will be able to sit inside or outside for lunch. Classrooms will be used for overflow.
- During lunch, we will try to seat students in every other seat to help promote distance. Students will rotate weekly between indoor and outdoor seating to help with social distancing.
- Disposable lunch bags or boxes are encouraged.
- Wash backpacks weekly if applicable.
- PE will not dress out for the first semester.