CLICK HERE to see the Daily Announcements
11/17 JVG,JVB,VG Basketball vs Daphne @ Home 4:00pm
11/18 JVG,JVB Basketball Fairhope JV Tournament
- FBLA's Annual Canned Food Drive is in full swing this week! Last year we were able to deliver over 3,000 items to families in need in our area. This year FHS hopes to assist even more. Bring canned foods and other non-perishable food items this week until Friday, November 17th to contribute. The homeroom with the most food items will receive a Chick-fil-a breakfast and a "pajama day" reward.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM FOR A GREAT RACE AT THE STATE MEET NEAR DECATUR LAST SATURDAY. SEVEN OF THE EIGHT GIRLS RAN A PERSONAL BEST TIME AS THEY CHALLENGED THE BEST IN THE STATE. THE GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM FINISHED IN 11TH PLACE FOR 7A AND AUDREY CLARK FINISHED IN THE TOP 40. GREAT WORK LADIES AND GO PIRATES!
- Congratulations to the boys cross country for a great performance at the state meet. Six of the nine athletes ran a personal best time as the team finished 10th in the state for 7A. The boys cross country team also set the Fairhope High School team time record. Setting the team record were Jared Touart, Saxon Kilpatrick, Hudson Defee, John Pyle, and Cody Mooney. Great work cross country team and Go Pirates!
- Congratulations and a hearty GO PIRATES to Jared Touart. Jared finished in 3rd place for the State in 7A at the AHSAA State Cross Country Meet near Decatur this weekend. Jared was named to the All State team and also broke the Fairhope High School 5K record with a time of 15:53…that’s running a 5:07 mile pace for 3 miles in a row without stopping. Great work, Jared!
- If you are interested in speaking to someone about the United States Naval Academy, see Mrs Scott in the guidance office. Sophomores and Juniors are especially invited since this is a process that normally begins well before your senior year.
Congratulations to the seven FHS provisional members of the Daphne Kappa League, also known as the Gamma Class. They incude: Jerry Bethea, Devin Mitchell, Cyine Koen, D'Aundre Matthews, Travis Stallworth, Cody Edwards, and Latin Durgin (not pictured).
- Track & Field tryouts begin Thursday, November 30th. Those trying out for Track & Field must submit a new insurance form to Mr. Yahr and have a current physical on file. E-mail Mr. Yahr at TYAHR@bcbe.org to sign up for Track & Field. Those in basketball, cheer, wrestling, or bowling must e-mail Mr. Yahr but will not tryout until their season has concluded.
- Yoga club is now Wednesday and Friday afternoon at 3:15. Bring your mat!
- "BREAKING THE CYCLE" is a program every fourth Thursday from 6-8pm at the Rotary Youth Club on Young Street. This is a youth empowerment program for teens. The Club provides food, games, and motivational topics which include; teamwork/sports, drugs/alcohol, education beyond high school, social media and many more needed conversations.
- Get a Fairhope Pirate car magnet or hat! These are now available for purchase on the Costa Prints Fairhope High webstore - http://costaprints.com/fairhope_high_school/shop/home
**If you would like to receive the Daily Announcements via email, please CLICK HERE to submit your address for inclusion in the distribution list.