CLICK HERE to see the Daily Announcements
- Student Government Association elections are Thursday, April 11. All freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will vote online in English class. Teachers will provide a link for the ballot on Google Forms. Voting ends at 4:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
- Interested in being on the 2019-2020 FHS Dance Team? Auditions will be held Tuesday, April 23rd and Wednesday, April 24th after school in the Dance Room, 617. Both days are mandatory! Please see Mr. Rawlinson for an audition packet.
- Are you interested in sports medicine? Are you current 9th, 10th, or 11th grader? If so, please come to the boy's field house Thursday after school @ 3:30.
Attention Fairhope world travelers: We are planning a trip to Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai China next summer. There will be a parent informational meeting on Monday night, May 6th, at Page and Palette in downtown Fairhope.
This past Thursday-April 4th, ENCORE Ensemble and four individual soloists from Fairhope High School received superior ratings from the Alabama State Choral Assessment held in Montgomery.
Mary Bradley Knighton
Congratulations yo Fairhope's Track & Field Teams for great work at the County Championships Yesterday. Top scorers for varsity were Annie Lineberger and Emerson Fritz. Top scorers for JV were Tia Wasp and Trenton Spaller. Also, Results from CHALLENGE OF CHAMPIONS INVITATIONAL:
Savannah Morgan (RIGHT) cleared 12' 6", Annie Lineberger (LEFT) 12' 3", and Hollie Foley (CENTER) 11' 0" - that is a combined 35' 9"!Savannah - 35th in the nation, 1st in AL.Annie - 56th in the nation, 2nd in AL.To get some perspective as to how amazing these ladies are here is the ALL TIME ALABAMA list for ALL CLASSIFICATIONS (1A to 7A).1st - Margaret Ollinger McGill-Toolen C/O 20162nd - Neal Tisher St Paul's C/O 20093rd - Chanel Krause St Paul's C/O 20134th - Savannah Morgan Fairhope C/O 20195th - Tally Wilson Cullman C/O 20166th Annie Lineberger Fairhope C/O 2019 & Rhiannon Jaet McGill-Toolen C/O 2003
- Senior packets are due on or before April 12th, and $1 needs to be attached for final transcripts (cash only).
Senior fees must be paid before May 10th.
Co-op packets are due on or before April 12th in the Guidance Office. There will be absolutely no Co-op for anyone who does not turn the form in by that date. You may apply for Co-op even if you do not currently have a job.
Dual Enrollment packets are due by May 1st. If you want to do Dual Enrollment at the airport, turn your packet in immediately.
- Students from the Fairhope High Art Department recently participated in the Coastal Community College Art Showcase and workshop for juniors and seniors from the seven Baldwin County high schools. Our artists represented Fairhope High well by earning over 25% of the 31 awards. FHS students participating included: Merit Award Artists: Anna Sirk, Mary Peyton Banks, Ashton Redditt, Emilie Anne Eastman; Excellence Award Artists: Katie Terranova, Leif Purdy, Courtney Wolchina, Erin Ard; Exhibiting Artists: Savannah Morgan, Branda Walls, Katelyn Stringer, Mallory Howell, Cameron Smart, Anna Jones, Sarah Adkins, Emory Morgan, Mia King, Macy Dienes; Shelby Howard and Briley Johnston. The artwork is currently on display in the FHS library. Congratulations FHS artists!
SBCT Awards and Certificate Ceremony is April 24th at 1:00. Any current or previous student, who is now a senior needs to confirm your participation by notifying SBCT as soon as possible. Students are required to be at the Robertsdale Coliseum by 12:30 to find their seats. Proper attire is required. Notify SBCT for more information and to confirm your participation.
- The United Way of Baldwin County is looking to select a rising senior from each high school in Baldwin County to participate as a member of the United Way Youth Board for the 2019-2020 school year. You Board members will have the opportunity to be a voice in the community and make a difference in it as well.
- NHS Seniors who missed the meeting Wednesday need to see Mrs. Smith in room 214 before or after school. Do not come during class time.
NHS Juniors will have a meeting on Tuesday morning, April 9th, at 7:30 in the library.
- The following classes will be offered at FHS during the 2019-20 school terms: Hospitality and Tourism, Travel and Tourism I, Education and Training, and
Teaching I. For more info, CLICK HERE.
- This year's prom theme is Masquerade at the Met Gala. We encourage students to wear masks. Masks can be purchased during 4th period in Mrs. Hammack's room, 411.
- Varsity and JV Pirate Cheer Tryouts are coming up. Tryout packets are available in Coach Brewer's room- 408.
- CLICK HERE to see full details of 9th Grade Registration for next school year.
- Balfour will meet with 10th graders April 1st at 8am in the café to discuss Ring Orders. Friday, April 5th, they will call kids alphabetically to Library to make orders.
**If you would like to receive the Daily Announcements via email, please CLICK HERE to submit your address for inclusion in the distribution list.