CLICK HERE to see the Daily Announcements
- The boys basketball team is playing in the Final 4 on Thursday. The cheer bus will have extra seats to sell. The cost will be $50 to Birmingham. Please see Coach Brewer in room 322 ASAP for the field trip form. The theme for Thursday's game will be drown 'em in blue. Wear your Fairhope blue!
- All AP test fees are due Friday, February 21. This info has been pushed out via email, REMINDs and teachers since December. This can be paid only through the school portal. Checks accepted in the counseling office.
- It's about time to Roar Into the 20s! Prom tickets will go on sale for $30 each, starting next Wednesday the 26th during all lunch waves in the gym lobby and will be sold through Friday, March 6th. Dress to impress and get jazzed up for a good time!
- Peer Helper applications are now available for 2020-21 school year. THe Peer Helpers class serves as your elective. For an application, search under the "Counselor's Corner" on the FHS website. You may also contact Mrs. Havard through email only.
FREE COLON CANCER SCREENING -
Infirmary Health will have the region's first Mobile Cancer Screening Clinic on site during our Heart Health game on February 22nd from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. When you visit the mobile unit you will be given a take home kit with instructions. Infirmary Health will process your take home test free of charge. This is a great time for a prescreen for colon cancer in the comfort of your own home. Please come by and meet the staff, take home the test and submit the kit following the instructions.
A big thanks to Infirmary Health for investing in our community!
- Students of the Month and a Pat on the Back winners for January are:
- There are extra seats available on the cheer bus for the regional basketball tournament on Wednesday, February 19th. The cost for a seat is $30. You are responsible for admission and lunch!
- NHS Member: There will be junior meeting Wednesday at 7:25 a.m. If you did not receive a remind text, go see Mrs. Smith on the math hallway.
- Any members of the ACT 30 Club who would like to visit Fairhope Intermediate School on February 27th and speak with the students about their ACT experience should see Mrs. Mcdonald in room 302 for a field trip form. 30 club members who spoke last year are encouraged to attend again.
- Any student in need of a dress for prom, see Mrs. Davis in room 317 during study hall. Over 100 dresses to choose from.
- Auditions for the 2020-2021 FHS Dance Team will be held on Tuesday, April 21st and Thursday, April 23rd from 3:30 – 4:30 in the Dance Room (617). Please see Mr. Rawlinson for an audition packet.
Fairhope High School has decided to join Mrs. Bodenmann's senior English class for Fairhope High School's 12 books in 12 months literacy challenge! The book for the month of February is "Find a Book Author Who is of a Different Ethnicity than You". Choose your book, and then post your picture on Instagram! Be sure to find us on insta @fhsliteracychallenge and connect using #12booksin12months #fhsliteracychallenge.To enter to win six mini Krispy Kreme donuts, look for the "Guess Who Read' in the gym lobby. Those with correct answers will be entered in a drawing announced on Tuesday, February 11th. Winners will receive the mini's on Friday, February 14th.
Fairhope High School Outside Date Application/Prom 2020: Turn in completed application, along with a copy of the date’s ID or school student schedule with picture on it to Mrs. Puckett in the front office. DEADLINE: Monday, March 2, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. NOTE: Application must be submitted with picture id of date – The office will NOT take it without the picture.
Attention all underclassmen: The 2020 application for the Thoms Hospital Junior Volunteer teen program is now available online or on our school website. The application must be completed online. Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA. Completed applications, and all additional required documentation, must be received no later than Thursday, April 2. Spots are limited!To get a copy of your transcript (which is required) you must sign a release with your counselor and pay $1. Do not EVER leave class to ask for a copy of your transcript.
- If you have taken the ACT since April of 2019 (summer through October testing) and have scored a 30 or above, please see Ms. McDonald in room 302 for your 30 club t-shirt and sticker. If your score has changed since the April 2019 test date, please see Ms. McDonald to update your score for the 30 club wall.
**If you would like to receive the Daily Announcements via email, please CLICK HERE to submit your address for inclusion in the distribution list.