Return to Headlines
WHAT EVERY FMS STUDENT NEEDS TO KNOW
- The car rider drop-off and pick-up line is located at the back of the school between the building and the gym. Enter the car line from Pine St. Students may not be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Upon arrival to school, go to the cafeteria if you are eating breakfast. If you aren’t eating breakfast, go to the gym and sit in the bleachers. You may also go to the library.
- If you are late but arrive before 8:00am, go to homeroom. If you arrive later than 8:00am, check in at the downstairs office. More than 5 late tardies or check-ins in a quarter will result in Saturday School.
- No cell phones, ear buds, or headphones may be out or in use from 7:50-3:05.
- The dress code is strictly enforced. A copy of this policy can be found at www.bcbe.org.
- All students will be provided with an agenda. You will be required to write down your assignments in the agenda and have it signed by a parent every night.
- At the end of the day, walkers, car riders, and first wave bus students will be dismissed on first bell. An announcement will be made for all second wave bus students to go to the cafeteria to wait for their buses to be called. Your homeroom teacher will let you know whether you are a first or second wave bus.
- If you are not sure what bus you should ride, let the office know during homeroom. Do not wait until the end of the day to ask. You may not ride a different bus without administrator approval.
- It is important to be at school everyday. If you must be absent, turn your excuse in to your homeroom teacher within 3days of returning to school. It is your responsibility to find out what work you missed while absent and complete it in a timely manner.
- Be sure to write down your INow log in information and your locker number/combination and store them in a safe place just in case you forget them. You need to log in to INow weekly to check your grades. For safety reasons, do not share your locker combination with anyone.
- Students use the staircases at the ends of the hall only. The middle staircase is for adults. The only time a student may use the center staircase is when going to see the nurse.
- The elevator is not for student use without a note from a doctor.
- You may have yours or a friend’s birthday announced on the digital sign in the front of the school for $5. You must pay Ms. Carrie at least 1 day before the birthday.
- You will have the opportunity to go bowling once per month. You can earn this privilege through reading a particular number of books or having perfect attendance with no check-ins or check-outs.
- You may check out 4 library books at a time. There is a ten cents fine per day, per book for overdue books.
- Dances will be held once per quarter. To attend, you may not have any major office referrals, suspensions, or OCS. When attending dances, you will be dropped off at the front of the school. You will be picked up at the bus loading area at the side of the school.
- Students are only allowed outside food to be brought during school lunch break if the parent is dining with the student or it is a designated “take-out” day.
- Only clear water bottles are allowed on campus.