School Closure Resources
Accessing Baldwin County School Closure Resources
For the extended school closure in Baldwin County, here is how to access the digital resources that are being provided by the district.
- On the student Chromebook, click on the yellow “myBCBE” icon button.
- Log into the Student Portal with the student’s Chromebook account (ex: craig.miller1010) and password.
- Once logged in, you will see the button at the top for “School Closure Resources.” Click here to access the resources.
- This button will take you to a Google Drive folder with student resources for elementary and middle/high school. You will also see directions on how to access Google Drive files without Internet access. Double-click on the folder of the resources you want.
- If you know you will need to access the files in these folders offline, you will need to download them.
ASSIGNMENTS FOR 7th GRADE STUDENTS: HISTORY: Read and answer questions from the following articles on DiscoveryEd – 1. A Wave of Death 2. Ladies First 3. Architecture of the Incas 4. Call the Doctor 7th SCIENCE: Read and answer questions from ReadWorks – 1. The Origin of Species 2. The Food Chain: Who Eats Who in the Wild 7th MATH: Complete the problems from I-Ready on the following concepts: 1. Understanding Multiplication with Negative Integers 2. Adding and Subtracting Positive and Negative Fractions and Decimals 3. Multiplying Negative Rational Numbers 4. Dividing Negative Rational Numbers 5. Writing Rational Numbers as Repeating Decimals 6. Recognizing Graphs of Proportional Relationships 7. Solving Problems Involving Multiple Percents 8. Solving Problems Involving Percent Change 9. Expanding Expressions 10. Factoring Expressions 7th ENGLISH – Read and answer questions from the following articles on Newsela – 1. “Opinion: Fear about the coronavirus is normal, but don’t let it control you.” 2. Officials say coronavirus targets elderly and ill, children mostly unaffected.” 3. Explainer: What is empathy?” 4. “Do cellphones belong in schools?”
ASSIGNMENTS FOR 8th GRADE STUDENTS: HISTORY: Read and answer questions from the following articles on DiscoverEd – 1. A Wave of Death 2. Ladies First 3. Architecture of the Incas 4. Call the Doctor 8th SCIENCE: Read and answer questions from Newsela – 1. The Conservation of Matter during Physical and Chemical Changes 2. It’s Called Ocean Acidification and it’s Killed Oysters by the Billions. 8th MATH: Complete problems from I-Ready on the following concepts: 1. Understanding Integer Exponents 2. Understanding Scientific Notation 3. Understanding Functions 4. Understanding Linear Equations 5. Understanding Systems of Linear Equations 6. Understanding Transformation, Congruence, and Similarity 8th ENGLISH: Read and answer questions from the following articles on Newsela – 1. “Why everything is closing for coronavirus: It’s called “flattening the curve.” 2. “Feathered friends: Study shows “selfless” parrots helping peers.” 3. “Katie Ledecky uses Olympic platform to launch math, science program for kids.” 4. “Ireland reports first venomous snake bit in its history, right before St. Patrick’s Day.”