- North Baldwin Center for Technology
Return to HeadlinesCredentialing Options:
Health Science Credentials
Health Science Academies
PATHWAYS to College and Career Ready Indicators
Partnership with Infirmary Health System and Faulkner State Community College
Students are gaining foundation knowledge in health science and advanced knowledge in the related field of their choosing. Our pathways to careers include Foundations of Health Science , Intro to Pharmacy, Human Body Structures and Functions, Therapeutic Services and related internships. Students can gain valuable credentials acknowledging they have the necessary skills to further their education in the health industry.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
Student will qualify to work in most healthcare settings including Infirmary Health System with current pay start-ing at $13.00 an hour. After six months of full time or part time employment with Infirmary Health System, tui-tion reimbursement is available for up to $5,000.00 a year for any health related major.
- Certified Nurses Assistant Requirements:
Student will qualify to work in a variety of healthcare settings including employment with Infirmary Heath System with current pay starting at $9.86 an hour. After six months of full time or part time employment with Infirmary Health System, tuition reimbursement is available for up to $5,000.00 a year for any health related major.
- Emergency Medical Technician Requirements:
Health Academy Students who have successfully completed Biology and Human Body Structures and Functions or Anatomy and Physiology Course, and Foundations of Health Science,
- ACT Score of 18 or higher, Must Pass FSCC Essential Functions Exam, Parents and student attend mandatory orienta-tion, Health Insurance, Senior Year with GPA of 2.5 or higher, State Certification Test
- These are a few of the positions students will qualify for on competition:
911 Responder for ambulance services, Emergency Room Technician, Laboratory Technician, Medial Assistant, Surgical Technologist, and Medical Equipment Preparer
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO COST TO STUDENTS FOR TRAINING or Testing