￼INFORMATION ON AN eMINTS CLASSROOM
(enhancing Missouri’s Instructional Networked Teaching Strategies)
What is an eMINTS Classroom? It is one of many classrooms found across the United States and in New South Wales, Australia. This class is designed to help teachers integrate technology into their teaching using an instructional model that supports high-quality lesson design, promotes inquiry-based learning, creates technology-rich learning environments, and builds community among students and teachers.
How do students benefit from eMINTS? An eMINTS classroom allows students to do the following:
• Direct their own learning with gentle guidance from the teacher
• Become more responsible for completing work because they have a say in what they are working on
• Use computers and the Internet to create a new learning environment
• Become better learners as they devote more time to reading for information and scanning for answers, evaluating and comprehending more from a variety of information sources
• Collaborate with peers and teachers to generate excitement about what is being learned and how it all fits together
• Prepare themselves for the future- using 21st Century skills of problem-solving and technology literacy
What’s the teacher’s commitment?
• Commits to 2 years of extensive professional development and preparation time
• Work in collaborative learning groups
• Create and facilitate authentic learning experiences for their students, using online resources
• Plan engaging teaching strategies and align them to curriculum so students meet district and state standards
• Prepare and support students as they learn in cooperative groups
Click on the link below to find out more about eMINTS's History, Mission, and Much More!