Please refer to Mrs.Johnson's website for this information.
What about field trips?
Field trips serve as an invaluable learning experience and provide much enrichment to our program. You will always be notified in advance of the date a trip will be taken, the cost of the trip and the deadline for payment. Often this deadline is several weeks before the actual date of the trip because, for most events, reservations and payments are necessary.
1. The permission form and money must be sent in by the deadline in order for your child to participate. **NO money or permission forms will be accepted on the day of the field trip.
2. Return money and bottom portion of permission form together to your child’s teacher immediately. Monies for field trips are nonrefundable. The Principal or that person’s designee has discretion to refund monies under extenuating circumstances.
3. Keep the top portion of the permission form so you will know the date of the trip and what your child needs for the trip (snack, sack lunch, drink, etc.)
4. Do not include field trip money in a check with lunch money. These are two separate accounts.
5. Make checks payable to Daphne Elementary School. Checks should include two phone numbers.
6. When chaperoning a trip, younger or older brothers or sisters cannot attend. Please take this opportunity to be with your school age child. Field trips are viewed as a privilege as well as an enrichment; however for the safety and security of your child, we must enforce strict discipline guidelines while on each trip. If a child misbehaves on a field trip, we reserve the right to allow the child to remain at school with another class when future trips are taken. Students and parents should be especially aware of the following:
- Any student that receives a discipline referral to the office ten days (two school weeks) before a field trip/event may be denied participation in that field trip/event as a disciplinary measure.
- The dress code applies to field trips as well as the school campus. Failure to adhere to the dress code will result in a forfeiture of the field trip privilege.
Chaperones are expected to be with students at all times including transportation by bus or other means unless there are conditions known and approved by the Principal or that person’s designee. Chaperones are also expected to adhere to Baldwin County Public Schools’ policies for drug free, smoke free and weapon free campuses. Field trips are designed and planned for school-age students in a particular class or group. Adults (other than the chaperones) or children outside that class or group may not be transported or participate in field trip activities. Students should not be removed from a field trip at any point during the trip by parents or others unless a letter is on file in the school office and approved by the Principal or that person’s designee prior to leaving the school. Parents choosing to accompany a field trip, but not riding the bus as a chaperone, must request permission in writing from the Principal or that person’s designee prior to the trip. Parents attending a field trip but driving their own vehicle will meet the group at the field trip destination. Cars are prohibited from following behind the buses as it poses a safety threat.
What are the school office hours?
During the school year, the hours are 7:15-4:00.
What are the carline procedures?
Morning and afternoon arrival and dismissal arevery important times. We only have the safety of your children in mind. Because of these intentions, we ask everyone to follow certain rules:
Morning Carline Procedures: Carline begins in the morning at 7:20. Students should not be dropped off prior to 7:20. Staff members are not in place to properly supervise students before this time. Children being brought to school should be let out of their cars in the loading/unloading zone outside of the gymnasium and cafeteria. Children should not be let off anywhere else during the morning car rider time. The front of the school is strictly for buses and school personnel until 8:00 AM. Students should arrive by 7:40. After 7:50, students will be counted tardy if they have not made it to their rooms. Upon entering the building, all students will report to their designated area:
First Grade—K-1 Building or Main Hall
The final tardy bell is at 7:50, and students are to be in their room and settled to start their day. For the carline to run smoothly, please have your child ready to get out of your vehicle when you stop. Unload students from the right side of the vehicle so students may walk to the sidewalk without crossing traffic. Students are to exit their vehicle and walk along the sidewalk. No cell phones are to be used in carline for safety reasons. We are a smoke free campus, and we ask that you refrain from smoking in carline. Please observe our rules with the goal of student safety first and efficient traffic flow second.
Afternoon Carline Procedures:
In the afternoon, we ask the children to sit down either on the benches or sidewalk under the awning area. We like for them to sit so when their number is called, they will be ready to load. We ask that each driver move down as far as possible before we load the children. Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles when picking up children. It creates confusion when parents are trying to pick up children from the sidewalk. Do not leave your vehicle unattended in the car-rider line. Always display your car-rider number daily! This number will be distributed during Meet Your Teacher. Teach the number immediately to your child to help speed up the afternoon loading. When loading, please pull your vehicle up as far as possible so other vehicles may load at the same time. Load students from the right side of the vehicle so students may walk from the sidewalk without crossing traffic. Students will not be allowed to walk to their vehicle before it arrives at the designated pick-up point. Please do not arrange off-campus car pick-up. This is dangerous and causes pick-up problems. Children must be picked up prior to 3:05 if they are not in the After School Care Program.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Display your car-rider number. If you do not have one, please contact the office at 626-2424.
- Proceed with caution when picking up your child in the car-rider line.
- We are a smoke free campus, and we ask that you refrain from smoking in carline.
- Please be patient.
- No cell phones are to be used in carline for safety reasons.
What about student attendance?
My child currently attends public school in Baldwin County. How do I transfer my child to a new school?
You will withdraw your child from the current school and bring those documents to your new school with two new proof of residency documents. Those documents must have the custodial name of that child.
You can visit here https://www.bcbe.org/registration
What documents are needed to register a student?
- Birth certificate
- Alabama Shot Record
- 2 proof of residency with the custodial's name and a recent date
- Social Security Card (optional)
You can visit here https://www.bcbe.org/registration