- Daphne Elementary
What about field trips?
Field trips serve as an invaluable learning experience and provide much enrichment to our program. You will always be notified in advance of the date a trip will be taken, the cost of the trip and the deadline for payment. Often this deadline is several weeks before the actual date of the trip because, for most events, reservations and payments are necessary.
1. The permission form and money must be sent in by the deadline in order for your child to participate. **NO money or permission forms will be accepted on the day of the field trip.
2. Return money and bottom portion of permission form together to your child’s teacher immediately. Monies for field trips are nonrefundable. The Principal or that person’s designee has discretion to refund monies under extenuating circumstances.
3. Keep the top portion of the permission form so you will know the date of the trip and what your child needs for the trip (snack, sack lunch, drink, etc.)
4. Do not include field trip money in a check with lunch money. These are two separate accounts.
5. Make checks payable to Daphne Elementary School. Checks should include two phone numbers.
6. When chaperoning a trip, younger or older brothers or sisters cannot attend. Please take this opportunity to be with your school age child. Field trips are viewed as a privilege as well as an enrichment; however for the safety and security of your child, we must enforce strict discipline guidelines while on each trip. If a child misbehaves on a field trip, we reserve the right to allow the child to remain at school with another class when future trips are taken. Students and parents should be especially aware of the following:
- Any student that receives a discipline referral to the office ten days (two school weeks) before a field trip/event may be denied participation in that field trip/event as a disciplinary measure.
- The dress code applies to field trips as well as the school campus. Failure to adhere to the dress code will result in a forfeiture of the field trip privilege.
Chaperones are expected to be with students at all times including transportation by bus or other means unless there are conditions known and approved by the Principal or that person’s designee. Chaperones are also expected to adhere to Baldwin County Public Schools’ policies for drug free, smoke free and weapon free campuses. Field trips are designed and planned for school-age students in a particular class or group. Adults (other than the chaperones) or children outside that class or group may not be transported or participate in field trip activities. Students should not be removed from a field trip at any point during the trip by parents or others unless a letter is on file in the school office and approved by the Principal or that person’s designee prior to leaving the school. Parents choosing to accompany a field trip, but not riding the bus as a chaperone, must request permission in writing from the Principal or that person’s designee prior to the trip. Parents attending a field trip but driving their own vehicle will meet the group at the field trip destination. Cars are prohibited from following behind the buses as it poses a safety threat.
What about student attendance?