We always strive to keep the needs of our students a priority, and that includes their mental health. Please use the following resources to help your children and family.
Protecting Youth Mental Health: The U.S. Surgeon General's Advisory
- Pages 14-15: What Young People Can Do
- Pages 16-18: What Family Members and Caregivers Can Do
Same-day Child/Teen Mental Health Screenings: Service provided by BayPointe Hospital
- This is just an evaluation where recommendations are made. They are able to give the family a recommendation of what treatment level would be best for the child, if any.
- It is always 100% up to the guardians whether they want to follow-through with that treatment at AltaPointe, elsewhere, or at all. (This screening does not mean parents are forced to put their child into any program. Screening results only provide suggestions.)
- Screenings are available via telehealth, so families don’t have to drive to BayPointe except to pick up a clearance letter, if needed.
- Screenings are all done same-day.
Self Injury: Resource sheets for parents/guardians to help their child with self-harming behaviors.
Counselors/Therapists: Contact information for local counselors/therapists
- Phone numbers, addresses, and websites for each local provider.
- Contact them individually to inquire about accepted insurance coverages.
Behaviorial At-Risk Youth Intervention: Information/services for parents of behaviorial at-risk youth
- Baldwin County Intervention Center / CHINS (Child In Need of Supervision)
- One More Moment: Support and FREE resources for parents/guardians of at-risk youth.