The Counseling and Guidance Department of Foley High School believes
· All students should have equal access to programs and resources despite social and economic barriers.
· All students can achieve success.
· Every student is valuable and should be treated with dignity and respect.
· All students will have access to high quality school counseling services provided by
full-time licensed, professional school counselors.
· Student diversity is considered in the design and delivery of school counseling services.
· All students can expect that school is a safe and nurturing environment.
The vision of the Counseling Department of Foley High School is that all students are productive citizens who use their strengths to succeed with countless opportunities, are resilient to obstacles and are involved in healthy relationships. They are active members of the community and build a positive environment for others around them.
The counseling staff at Foley High School delivers a comprehensive program that prepares all students to be resilient, to achieve academically and have positive social and emotional relationships. The school counselors collaborate with stakeholders to provide a technology-driven, data-informed, assessment-based program that inspires students to enroll in college, enlist in the military, or be employed in the community. We advocate for equity, access and student success by identifying social and economic barriers while working with all students to address these barriers to achieve their potential and develop a sense of pride. This is our commitment to excellence.