Counselor, Amber Hawkins
Welcome to the Guidance and Counseling Department at South Baldwin Center for Technology. You will find resources and links for your needs on this page. Please contact me directly if you need additional assistance! Amber Hawkins, Counselor 9-12 grade, telephone: 251.947.5041
As a school counselor at South Baldwin Center for Technology, I will advocate for all students. I believe
- Career Tech is valuable to every student, and every student can succeed
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary or workforce opportunities
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance students’ academic, career and social/emotional outcomes.
Vision and Mission Statements
Vision Statement: Our vision is to foster a nurturing environment with high expectations for students to achieve their potential and graduate with countless opportunities.
Mission Statement: South Baldwin Center for Technology’s instructional programs is designed to empower all students to achieve their highest potential in a competitive and constantly changing world. Our school curriculum is committed to helping our student body be prepared for further education and or the workplace. The school counseling program delivers a comprehensive, data-informed program that helps all students, regardless of background or individual circumstance, to gain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for academic success, career exploration, and social/emotional development to become productive members of society. The school counseling program department partners with other educators and stakeholders to advocate for equality, access, and success for all.