Rising 9th Grade
Baldwin County Virtual Secondary School is accepting enrollment applications for rising 7th and 8th grade students for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Baldwin County has waived the Virtual School enrollment criteria for the 2020-21 academic year. All students K-12 may participate in the in Virtual School program.
- Meet all requirements for enrollment in Baldwin County Schools.
- Reside in Baldwin County, Alabama.
- Participate in Baldwin County Schools one-to-one computer program.
- Have consistent, daily access to the Internet (minimum 1.5 mbs).
- Have consistent transportation to the Baldwin County Virtual Secondary School for testing and other services and enter into a Transportation Agreement with the Board.
- Have no more than 9 full day unexcused absences from the previous academic year.
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher during the previous academic year.
- Be on grade level** in reading and math.
- Have no expulsions, no D – H disciplinary actions as defined in the Baldwin County School Board Policy Manual (www.bcbe.org), Tab 900, page 12, and no more than one suspension from the previous or current academic year.
Students eligible for enrollment meet all criteria.
*Students with an Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan will receive approved accommodations.
** If the student makes application to Baldwin County Virtual Secondary School at midterm, on grade level includes the condition that the student has passing averages in all currently enrolled core academic courses at his or her base high school.