TECHNICAL AND ACADEMIC DUAL ENROLLMENT FOR BALDWIN COUNTY VIRTUAL SCHOOL
Coastal Alabama Community College provides college credit opportunities to eligible high school students to enroll in college classes concurrently with high school classes, and to receive both high school and college credit where appropriate.
Click the topics on the left to find out about deadlines, checklists, needed forms, and available courses.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
- Earn free academic college credit while you are still in high school (up to 18 credit hours)
- All academic courses are guaranteed to transfer to Alabama universities
- Credits earned are listed on high school and Coastal Alabama Community College transcripts
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Must be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grades at a partner high school
- Must have a 2.5 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale for academic, EMT and CNA;
- 0verall GPA for technical
- Must have approval from the Principal and Counselor
- Must take the college placement test or submit an ACT score for English and math (with no developmental coursework required)
- Minimum 18 English subtest score
- Minimum 20 Math subtest score
- Must maintain a grade of C or higher in college courses to remain in the program
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- Complete online application: www.coastalalabama.edu > Programs > High School Programs > Coastal Alabama Community College Admissions Application for Dual Enrollment
- Complete and return Approval Form and In-State Eligibility form to your counselor along with a copy of your photo ID by these deadlines:
- May 1 for summer enrollment
- May 1 for fall enrollment (priority) – final deadline July 31
- December 1 for spring enrollment for BCVS
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
- For BCVS students taking academic courses on a Coastal campus, the tuition and fees for the courses are free (up to 18 credit hours)
- Eligible students must supply their own textbooks and supplies