To meet the requirements for admission to the SFHS Chapter of the National French Honor Society, La Société Honoraire de Français (SHF), students must:
- Complete or be enrolled in French II or higher
- Be enrolled in grades 10, 11, or 12
- Earn an “A” in all French coursework attempted
- Maintain a “B” average or higher in all other coursework
- Maintain a satisfactory discipline record
Members of the National French Honor Society excel in the areas of scholarship, character, and leadership. The goals of the organization are to promote and reward high standards of scholarship, stimulate interest in the study of French, and create enthusiasm for and an understanding of francophone culture and civilization.
Note: This organization is invitation only. Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to join in the spring semester.