Absences and Tardiness
- In the event that a student is absent, a note must be brought from home with a valid explanation of the absence. (Please refer to the Baldwin County School System Truancy Policy for a more detailed explanation of the absentee policies.) No absences will be excused without adequate written explanations.
- An absence may be excused for illness, legal quarantine, death in the immediate family, inclement weather that is dangerous to life or health, or emergency conditions determined by the principal or superintendent. In the event that your child misses school due to a doctor’s appointment, please obtain a doctor’s excuse to be submitted to the classroom teacher.
- A written excuse must be sent within three days after an absence.
- If you know in advance that your child will be absent for a reason other than those stated above, work with the teacher on assignment that will be missed. In order for these absences to be coded as Excused, PRIOR approval must be given in writing by the principal.
- Make-up work will be given to your child upon his/her return; it cannot be prepared ahead of the absence. Make-up work should be turned in no later than three (3) days following the absence.
- School hours are from 7:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Students are considered tardy at 7:55 a.m. and should be in the classroom at that time. Students are required to come to the office for a late pass if they are tardy.