Handbook: Student Conduct
- Students are expected to follow the same conduct rules on buses as in the classroom. The bus driver has the same authority on the bus as the teacher does in the classroom. A student who is uncooperative on the bus will be referred to the office for disciplinary action and possible suspension from riding the bus.
- While in the cafeteria students should wait quietly in lines, eat quietly, and use good manners. Before leaving, each student is responsible for picking up any trash from products he/she brought to the table. Canned or bottled carbonated beverages and food from restaurants is not allowed in the cafeteria.
- Stonebridge Elementary School holds a high standard of conduct for students. Each classroom teacher has designed his/her own classroom rules, which includes positive reinforcement as well as consequences for infractions. In the event that a child does not appropriately correct his/her behavior with a teacher’s management system, the child will be referred to the principal’s office.
- In instances where misbehavior is severe, a student will be sent immediately to the principal’s office in lieu of consequences within the classroom setting.
- Bullying and verbally/emotionally aggressive behavior will not be tolerated in accordance with the school system policy. Children suspected of such behavior will be referred to school administrators.
- Fighting or acts of violence will not be tolerated. In most cases, such behavior will result in suspension. Due to the variety of disciplinary infractions that can occur within an elementary school, each situation will be handled individually. Appropriate consequences will be determined according to the severity of the infraction and developmental age of students.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are not permitted for elementary school students according to Baldwin County Public School System Policy.
- The principal or designee may recommend intervention from the school counselor as a follow-up to a disciplinary referral.
- Confidentiality prohibits administrators and other school personnel from discuss disciplinary consequences with anyone other than a child’s parents, school system personnel, and the School Resource Officer.
- The principal will make every effort to call parents when students have been referred to the office for disciplinary reasons; however, please understand that this cannot be guaranteed.
- Confidentiality prohibits the school from sharing such information with individuals other than a child’s parents, school system personnel, or in extreme cases, law enforcement personnel.
- All Baldwin County Schools are drug free, tobacco free, and weapon free. Violators of these offenses will be suspended.