2022-2023 Baldwin County Dress Code for High Schools
The dress code applies to all school functions. Robertsdale High School complies with the dress code policies of the Baldwin County School District.
The following types of clothing are considered inappropriate at Robertsdale High School.
- Footwear (shoes) must be worn and appropriate for the school setting both in appearance and safety. House shoes/slippers are not acceptable footwear for school.
- No headgear is permitted in the school building at any time during the school day. This includes hats, bandanas, do-rags, caps, hoods, scarves, and forehead bands. The hoods of hooded sweatshirts are not allowed on your head while in the building. Any items confiscated may be reclaimed on the last day of school by the student or when a parent picks them up. Students may speak with Administration about Religious or medical headgear.
- Clothing or ornamentation, which advertises alcohol or substances that are illegal for minors, or which displays suggestive phrases, designs, markings, or profanities are also prohibited.
- Clothing that displays weapons, violence, gang affiliations, or other logos that could cause a disruption are prohibited.
- Shirts may not be longer than fingertip length if “untucked” from pants.
- Backless or strapless dresses or shirts are not allowed.
- No midriff shirts or blouses are permitted. Midriff areas must be covered so that no skin is exposed on the torso at any time (front or back). No sheer garments and no low-cut necklines are permitted.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn. Clothing must not reveal undergarments.
- Tank tops, strapless tops, thin strapped tops, and other sleeveless shirts may not be worn.
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts that are shorter than mid-thigh are considered too short.
- Slits in dresses or skirts may be no shorter than fingertip length standing or sitting.
- No leggings, jeggings, or yoga pants are to be worn alone without an appropriate outer garment (such as a shirt or dress) that is finger-tip or mid-thigh length.
- No spandex, biker, or see through shorts or pants are allowed.
- All pants and trousers must be worn at waist level (no sagging or bagging). Pants must fit properly, no oversized pants. No holes above mid-thigh.
School officials will make the interpretation of what is acceptable dress. Students who are determined to be inappropriately dressed will be allowed to change clothes, borrow clothes from a friend, or call home for someone to bring them a change of clothes. Students unable to change clothes will be assigned OCS. Repeat offenses will result in disciplinary action.
IF IN DOUBT, DON’T WEAR IT OUT!