Welcome to Daphne East Elementary School! We have a very dedicated faculty and staff who work together to provide the best education possible for your children. Our goal is to provide a firm foundation for their success today and in the future. Please remember that your support is very important to the success of our school program.
All learners of Daphne East Elementary School will set and
achieve challenging social, emotional, and academic goals
to become successful leaders.
At Daphne East Elementary School...
We Belong, Engage, Learn, and Lead!
School-Wide Behavior Expectations
- Be respectful and kind to one another
- Be responsible for your decisions.
- Be resourceful when solving problems.
- Be honest in words and actions.
- Be safe with your choices and around others.
Daphne East Elementary School and its staff has earned recognition and awards for various achievements. Some of these are listed below.
- Daphne East Elementary School earned 96/A on the Alabama State Department of Education 2017-2018 Plan 2020 Accountability Report Card, which shows an increase of three percentage points from the previous year. Daphne East Elementary has maintained a report card grade of A for two consecutive years. The next report card rating is due to be released in December 2019.
- Doherty, Daphne East Elementary Principal, was named a nominee for the National Distinguished Principals Program (NDPP) during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Multiple Daphne East faculty members have been named as presenters for the annual Gulf Regional Innovative Teaching Conference (GRITC) which is held each July in Baldwin County.
- Daphne East Elementary is currently in its third full-implementation year of the Guided Reading program. This program allows students to receive “just right” instruction at their levels, whether they are below, on, or above grade level, thus, creating personalized instructional plans.