Kindergarten Registration

  • Children who turn five years old on or before Sept. 1 of the attendance year are eligible to enroll in kindergarten in the elementary school located in the attendance zone where they live. Kindergarten is not mandatory in Alabama but it is available in all Baldwin County Elementary Schools.

    The age requirement for kindergarten in Alabama is a matter of state law and is not decided by local boards of education. Children must be five on or before Sept. 1 to qualify for kindergarten. Unless a child transfers into our system from a mandatory kindergarten in another state or system with different age requirements, EXCEPTIONS are not made.

    Countywide registration for kindergarten takes place in April before the attendance year.  To register your child for kindergarten please use this link to register your child online; please provide your child’s Certified Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and your child’s Alabama Certificate of Immunization. In addition, you need to provide two proofs of residence with the physical address of your residence (not a post office box). For Example Utility Bills, Garbage bills, Cable/TV bills, deeds, Rental Agreements, and Tax Returns.

    For additional parent information please see the Parent Resources tab. 

Kindergarten Registration

  • Kindergarten registration is now open. Students must be 5 years old on or before September 1 to be eligible to attend public kindergarten. To register for Kindergarten in the upcoming school year please complete the form in either English or Spanish.

    For current Pre-K students going to Kindergarten, they’ll need to contact the school as it’s the school's decision to have them do a new student registration or wait and do a returning student registration. Returning student registration will be held at the conclusion of the current school year. Students will be issued snap codes for parents to register their student for the upcoming school year. 

Zone Variance Requests

  • Parents of incoming kindergarten students should enroll their children in their current school zone. They may submit zone variance requests once the new school year forms are released. All requests will be processed at the end of May. If a kindergarten request is approved, parents can contact school registrars to initiate transfers at that time.