Business and Finance provides accounting and business services for students, employees, and the general public. Our goal is to make use of all public funds properly and efficiently.
The Baldwin County Board of Education Business and Finance department has developed and adheres to a strong practice of fiscal management and accountability through an extensive list of checks and balances. These measures ensure that taxpayer funds are always handled in the correct and appropriate manner and that each penny is accounted for monthly. This has resulted in an excellent annual audit performed by the Alabama Examiners of Public Accounts, with no audit findings in the past five years.
The Public Affairs Resource Council of Alabama (PARCA) recently conducted an analysis demonstrating that the Baldwin County School System follows 247 of 255 (97%) of nationwide best practices related to General Administration based on a checklist PARCA uses generated by the Florida Office of Program Policy Analysis and Governmental Accountability (OPPAGA).
For financial management, Baldwin County has fully implemented 83 of 83 (100%) of these nationwide best practices. Full implementation of these nationwide best practices has resulted in General and Administration expenditures of only 2.5% of the annual budget compared to the state average of 3.7% of total annual expenditures.
We invite the public to attend our two annual budget hearings each Fall and provide public input. Please see the system calendar on the main page for dates and times.
The following accountability reports are listed on this page for public viewing:
- Latest financial report with every dollar and cent reconciled back to the monthly bank statement.
- Monthly check register showing every payment by vendor and fund source.
- Accountability reports listing all expenditures for each fiscal year by school/department, program and funding sources since 2011.
- Monthly financial updates reporting local tax revenue and expenditures.
- Annual budget documents including the presentation from public budget hearings.
- Annual State Examiner's audit report and audited financial statements since 2010.
- Special analysis of expenditures, staffing, and operating practices in Baldwin County prepared by the Public Affairs Research Council of Alabama
- Link to board meeting agendas (including any and all bids for services and details for all contracts over $10,000).
- Education Summit presentations
- Community Advisory Task Force Report and Recommendations.
The Business and Finance Division is located in the Bay Minette Central Office on North Hand Avenue. Our regular business hours are 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our division is dedicated to providing support in the following areas:
Business Operations and Purchasing
Local School Accounting/Internal Audit
Payroll & Insurance