About Baldwin County, Alabama
Baldwin County is located in the southwest corner of the state, bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, Mobile Bay, Florida, and adjoining counties in Alabama. It is one of the largest counties in land area east of the Mississippi River, home to more than 239,000 residents, and is the fastest-growing county in Alabama and one of the fastest-growing counties in the nation.
Baldwin County is the location of the first public school in Alabama, built in 1799 by the community of Tensaw. The schools in the county are located in seven areas identified as "feeder patterns", the educational path a student takes from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
BCBE Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Motto
The Baldwin County (Alabama) Public School System has been nationally recognized for its digital initiative that is bringing 21st-century learning to more than 31,000 students in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Mission Statement – In partnership with our communities, the Baldwin County Public School's mission is to prepare ALL students to graduate college and career ready through a culture of equity and opportunity.
- Vision Statement – Our vision is to foster a nurturing environment with high expectations for students to achieve their potential and graduate with countless opportunities.
- Motto – #BaldwinProud #CommunityStrong
BCBE School Facts
At a glance:
- Approximately 31,000 students in the school system
- The largest employer in Baldwin County with over 4,000 employees
- eMINTS certified teachers throughout the district
- National Board Certified Teachers
- State-of-the-art technical high school
- Two 9th Grade Academies
- The fastest-growing school system in the state
- Full-time School Resource Officer in every school
- Nationally recognized alternative school program
- $82 million in total scholarships offered in 2023
- Over 80 school nurses
- STEAM/STEM-certified schools
- Award-winning After-School process
- Scholastic Lighthouse District
- Department of Education Blue Ribbon Schools
- Leader in Me Leadership program
- BCBE has 318 buses running over 415 routes each day
- BCBE buses travel more than 10,451 daily miles and 4 million miles annually, transporting more than 14,620 students daily
- The BCBE Transportation Department had 0% deficiencies during last year's State inspection.
- 91% of our bus fleet are 10 years old and newer.
- Advanced placement in all high schools
- IB Programme
- Career Technical Programs covering multiple career pathways
- Multiple industry-recognized credentials offered in CTE Program
- 7 award-winning high school campuses
- District Accredited
- BCBE teachers are among the top highest-paid in the state of Alabama
- Jennifer Claire Moore Peer Helper Program
- The largest student technology program in Alabama
- The fastest-growing school system in Alabama
- Award-winning special needs and gifted students
- Dual Enrollment – students can take college classes in high school