Welcome to Daphne High SchoolLibrary and Media CenterLIBRARIANS: M. Crawford & E. MarlerThe DHS Library's entire collection is accessible from school as well as from home! Links are provided below along with links to the Daphne Public Library and the Alabama Virtual Library.Alabama Virtual Library:Daphne Public Library:DHS Library at school:DHS Library from home:Baldwin County Archives
The Baldwin County Department of Archives and History has been established:
ALABAMA PIONEERSAlabama Pioneers is a FREE website devoted to discovering and sharing the footprints left behind by our ancestors through transcribed documents/articles, stories, and biographies as we journey through our state’s history. We report the great stories from the past!
- To collect, organize, describe, preserve, and make available Baldwin County, Alabama government records of permanent administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical value.
- To collect, organize, describe, preserve, and make available records of historical significance in the founding and continuing history of Baldwin County, Alabama including, but not limited to manuscripts, correspondence, photos, books, and personal memorabilia.
- To provide facilities for the retention, preservation, servicing, and research use of such records.
- To serve in a public relations capacity by promoting knowledge and understanding of the origins and continuing history of Baldwin County, Alabama, its government and residents.
- To facilitate the efficient management of the recorded information produced by the Baldwin County government offices.
LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
The Library of Congress is the largest library in the world, with millions of books, recordings, photographs, newspapers, maps and manuscripts in its collections. The Library is the main research arm of the U.S. Congress and the home of the U.S. Copyright Office.
The Library preserves and provides access to a rich, diverse and enduring source of knowledge to inform, inspire and engage you in your intellectual and creative endeavors. Whether you are new to the Library of Congress or an experienced researcher, we have a world-class staff ready to assist you online and in person.
DHS now owns the Bloom’s Literature Database. Use the link below to access this tool from home or school:
(Ask in the library or in your classroom for user log on information.)
The Library's collection of Salem Press publiations is now available online. Simply click on this link Salem Press Online to access books on literature, history and science.
Students have access to the printers in the library for school assignments.
Students may check out up to three books. Our check out time is 14 school days. Charges for lost/damaged books are based on the cost of replacement.Please remember...NO FOOD OR DRINK in the library.TROJAN NATION RISE UP!
- Students must share or email their document(s) to BOTH librarians simultaneously.
- Students should share their document(s) BEFORE leaving the classroom. Documents can also be sent from off campus locations such as home.
- Students should get in the habit of sending their projects from wherever they are when completed to help expedite the printing process.
- Students should bring Chromebooks when they come to retrieve their print jobs in case failures occur or editing needs arise.
- WEBSITES and PICTURES must be copied and pasted into a document before sending.
- Documents must be either emailed or shared to: