College Merit ScholarshipsCollege Merit Scholarships are college-specific and primarily merit based. This list is by no means all-inclusive. Please use the list as a springboard for further research by utilizing the college website. While every attempt is made to provide the most current information, please check the college or university for specific changes or updates.
The University of Alabama – separate online scholarship application due December 15.
- 27-29 ACT/3.7 GPA - $1500 per year
- 30-36 ACT/3.7 GPA - Full tuition
- 32-26 ACT/3.8 GPA - $8500 per year, discounted housing, and a laptop computer.
Auburn University – no separate application, apply for admission by December 1.
- 28 ACT/3.25 GPA - $1500
- 30 ACT/3.5 GPA – full tuition
- 33 ACT/3.75 GPA – full tuition, $1500 tech allowance, $4000 travel during the junior year.
The University of South Alabama – separate scholarship application due December 1.
- 21-22 ACT/3.0 GPA = $1500 freshman year only
- 23-26 ACT/3.0 GPA = $2500/year
- 27-29 ACT/3.5 GPA = $3500/year
- 30-31 ACT/3.5 GPA = $7000/year
- 32 ACT/3.5 GPA = $8000/year
- 33 or higher ACT/3.5 GPA = $10000/year
Troy University – separate online scholarship application
- 22 ACT/3.0 GPA - Leadership Award - amount varies, interview required. Due January 15.
- 27 ACT/3.5 GPA – full tuition
- 31 ACT/3.7 GPA - full tuition, room and board
- 24 ACT/3.0 GPA – non-resident tuition waiver
- 29 ACT/3.5 GPA - $8500/year, room and board, study abroad allowance
University of Montevallo – Apply for admission by December 1.
- 25 ACT/3.0 GPA - $3500/year
- 27 ACT/3.0 GPA - $4500/year
- 29 ACT/3.0 GPA - $5500/year
- 30 ACT/3.5 GPA - $7000/year
- 24 ACT/3.5 GPA – Full tuition, room and board, $1000 book allowance
- 23 ACT/3.4 GPA – Full tuition, room and board, $800 book allowance
- 22 ACT/3.3 GPA – Full tuition, room and board, $500 book allowance
- 21 ACT/3.2 GPA – full tuition, $1100 room and board
- 20 ACT/3.1 GPA – Full tuition
- 19 ACT/3.0 GPA - $1000 tuition allowance
Spring Hill College
- 25 ACT/3.45 core GPA - $18,000/year; deadline is December 14.
- 28 ACT/3.45 core GPA – full tuition and fees; deadline Feb. 23.
Southern Mississippi – some require a separate scholarship application, available online.
- 24 ACT - $3000-$10,000 over 4 years; out-of-state waiver
- Leadership - $2500/year – separate application, due Jan. 5.
- Regional Award – pays all or part of out-of-state; separate application, due Mar. 15.
University of Mobile – scholarships starting at 19ACT/2.5 GPA