At Risk Program
State at-risk funds are for students defined as being at-risk of dropping out of school or are performing at an academic level below current grade placement. These students are at risk of not experiencing school success and are in danger of school failure and/or non-completion.
Reasons for school failure or non-completion may be due to situations, circumstances, and/or conditions (e.g., environment, family, health, and other) over which they may have limited control. By providing focused attention and assistance in identified areas of need, students will be given opportunities to experience school success.
Therefore, the purpose of the at-risk program funds are as follows:
- To keep students in school.
- To encourage regular attendance and punctuality.
- To better prepare students for the world of work.
- To prepare students for further educational opportunities.
- To promote and to provide greater safety and security for schools.
- To promote greater parental and family support.
For the 2018-19 school year, the Baldwin County Public School System received $766,889 from the Alabama State Department of Education. Funds have been budgeted for the following expenditures:
- Instructional supplies for ESL teachers
- Instructional supplies for OCS aides
- Salary and benefits for elementary school social workers
- Salary and benefits for high school social workers
- Local, in-state, and out-of-state travel for elementary school social workers
- Local, in-state, and out-of-state travel for high school social workers
- Instructional supplies for elementary school social workers
- Instructional supplies for high school social workers
- Registration fees for elementary school social workers to attend professional development conferences
- Registration fees for high school social workers to attend professional development conferences
- Salary and benefits for two intervention teachers at Bay Minette Middle School, Central Baldwin Middle School, Daphne Middle School, Foley Middle School, and Spanish Fort Middle School
- Substitutes for classroom teachers to attend ESL trainings and in-services
- Substitutes for classroom teachers to attend counseling advisory council meetings
- Travel expenses and speaker’s fee for ESL workshop presenters
- Summer school teacher
- Local travel for summer school teacher
- Non-instructional software for school counselors