Baldwin County’s HR Department Welcomes You!
Beginning my career as an educator in Baldwin County Schools 25 years ago, I can say that it is an honor to serve our schools as the Human Resources Director. The purpose of our Human Resources Department is to ensure that our employees are being supported through the creation and management of programs, policies, and procedures; to foster a positive work environment through effective employee-employer relations; and to promote the field of education for our students and future employees. Our mission is to serve and support employees so that they can be their best for our students.
In alignment with our district strategic plan, the services we provide are focused on adding value to academic and leadership opportunities in our schools and enhancing an empowering culture that impacts our employees and students in positive and measurable ways. Our department is filled with talented and caring individuals who strive each day to serve our schools and communities through the selection, development, and retention of outstanding employees committed to providing exceptional opportunities for our students. We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to learn in a safe, compassionate learning environment and we recognize our role in supporting employees so that our students learn in the best schools in the nation.
While the Human Resources Department provides assistance related to prospective and current employees to applicants, employees, and administrators of the Baldwin County Public School System, we also encourage the field of education as a career path for our existing students and community members. Some of the services supported by the Human Resources Department include:
- Provide information about job postings, job descriptions, salary, the application process, substitutes, certification, and retirement
- Manage job recruitment, selection, and promotion
- Develop and oversee our employee wellness program
- Develop, promote, and enforce personnel policies
- Promote employee career development and job training
- Provide orientation programs and information for new hires and substitutes
- Provide guidance regarding disciplinary actions
- Promote the field of education through Baldwin Proud Future Teacher scholarships, clubs, and organizations
- Provide student internship opportunities
- Provide employee, teacher, and administrator leadership & mentor opportunities
The Human Resources Department is located at 2600 North Hand Avenue in Bay Minette, in the McGowan Building at the Baldwin County Board of Education administrative complex. We aim to provide excellent customer service to all current and future employees, substitutes, stakeholders, and to our communities. Please let us know how we can further assist you.
Jobs website: www.bcbe.org/jobs